Kitchen Capers

 Despite my plans, I decided not to do any preserving today basically down to the fact that late in the day we decided to have pizza for tea.  I handmade the dough and hand-kneaded it and trialled a new recipe.  I have posted up a separate post about this.

In view of that and the fact that I would quite like a lay in on Sunday morning for a change.  Kitchen Capers will return on Monday morning detailing what I did on Sunday. I do hope you will all join me again then.

This week I am going to be playing higgledy-piggledy in playing catch up but sometimes you just have to do what you got to do.  I must say although hard work I thoroughly enjoyed myself in the kitchen yesterday.  Although tiring it did me good just to play.  I learn the most when I am messing around and playing with stuff.  

Pastry and Bread have always been the cooking projects that need more practice from me.  The last couple of lots of pastry I have made have come up very well.  The handmaking the bread the past couple of times has also come up extremely well.  I think I need to do this on a bit more frequent basis to really tackle things.  Hopefully that will happen a bit more this year.

Today I am going to be playing catch up in the kitchen (from where I left off on Friday evening) with a massive effort on Monday in order that G can hopefully start with the decorating on Tuesday whilst I am out for the day.

I also have plans to do some baking this week including another couple of new to me projects.  Will see how things go with the catch up before launching into them though.  I have bought milk and yogurt for this purpose.  It will also mean me dragging out a couple of pieces of equipment that I have not used recently.

Hope everyone is keeping well..

Keep warm and safe.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts