Bitterly Cold Day

here today in Peterborough although the Sun has been out to play.  I have plenty of layers on today and although not cold in my body my hands are freezing.  However as my hands have been in and out of water they have not warmed up that much.

I have started in trying to square the kitchen up again.  I have made a good impression but still quite a way to go.  Still have no end of washing to do and so that is cluttering things up a little bit and these days if I am putting a wash on it is a full wash.  Eventually got my pillows dry from yesterday which is a bonus, but as I say still loads more stuff to get done.

Once I have got the kitchen sorted will then start on some other projects.  Today I have managed to get another couple of jars sorted in the Pantry.  I now have a complete shelf full and the jars on this shelf have been labelled, not expertly however may go back and re-do them again at a later date.  Today managed to get the SR Flour in one glass jar and Plain Flour in another.

The car has sprung a poorly tyre and so G has gone off with Missy in tow to get that sorted out.  These things are sent to try us, but he is like a bear with a sore head if he does not have his wheels!  I always aspired to driving and got as far as my own car and having lessons, but the last couple of epileptic attacks which were quite severe resulted in the Doctors saying no way.  So unfortunately I end up having to rely on others either to go places if I am able which also is not always possible.

Because of the washing situation more than anything else it has been a scratch tea tonight for both of us tonight.  We had a decent meal last night and I was going to do some mince tonight, but that will happen tomorrow now.  G has had cheese on toast and I have eventually managed to get the grill on the cooker working on its own which has been a big relief.  It kept cutting off, but it would appear down to method of lighting it rather than something being wrong with the cooker.  I did get the Gas Lady look at it when she came for the recent boiler inspection.  I on the other hand have had a bowl of a well known brand of tomato soup and a couple of slices of bread and butter.  That is enough for me tonight.  Followed by a milky coffee each.

It is going to be another busy day tomorrow.  Am now going to sit and do a little patchwork.  Back is killing me at the moment so will be sitting for the rest of the evening.  Hoping to get back into the groove with the Patchwork again.  Fingers crossed and toes plaited.

Have a lovely evening everyone.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts