Front Bedroom and finding more UFOs Part One

While the Pantry is out of bounds for me at the moment as G has taken it over to decorate.  I have not been able to work in the kitchen, bathroom or dining room due to the contents of the Pantry being in these rooms.  G has done some patching, and the first coat of paint on part of the Pantry and it certainly looks a lot better (at the time I started writing this post) he has made much progress since, but will do a post about this later in the week.

I have therefore been working in the front bedroom of the house which used to be our bedroom.  As it was used as a store room we changed rooms.  However, it is time to try and resurrect the front room again.  It is a lot lighter in there in the summer and all my clothes, accessories, shoes, hair bits and pieces are in there so it makes more sense to me to try and get moved back in.  Yet again we are once the room is clear going to have to decorate.  Just with fresh paint on the ceiling and on the walls, but first off we have to sort out everything in there. I think I will also need to have a little bit of re-arranging going on as well. I did sort out the wardrobes a little while ago so everything is okay there apart from the fact that I have a load more clothes to go back in there.   During the course of this I am finding all sorts and am having to make decisions as to what to do with the items as I find them.

I am needless to say finding more UFOs.  Crochet tends to be something I start off because it is relatively easy to do and I can work it whilst listening or watching TV.  Projects in the past have been put to one side and then where they were stored has been changed, and I am not sure where quite a few of these sorts of things are, however as I am clearing they are starting to pop out of the woodpile.  So it really will be good to get a lot of these projects done as I find them.  I should end up with a nice little stash of blankets, throws, rugs and bedspreads which will be lovely.  A lot of work and love has gone into them over the years although I am no expert.

Project One

I have found a rug which I started sometime ago, which will not take much doing.  It is a crochet rug and so I have sorted all that out into a basket and that will probably be something that I will be able to work alongside the Patchwork until it is complete. I do need to buy some more cream wool to finish this off. I am looking forward to getting this particular project out of the way.  Any scraps of wool can then be used in another crochet blanket which is being made from odds and ends. It is worked in double crochet strips, alternating the colours.  No pattern just something worked up myself.




Project Two

On top of that I have found another blanket being worked in squares.  Fourteen squares have been made so far.  I need to buy some wool to tone in with the colourway to make plain squares to make sure that the blanket is a reasonable size.  It is bigger than the first rug


Project Three

Is a grey white and Turquoise blanket worked in squares.  I need to buy some more white wool to use as the background colour

Project Four

A small counted cross stitch of a small garland.  Be good to get this one out of the way with too.  I have worked about half of this one.

Crochet Scrap Wool Blanket

Any scraps of decent wool I have started crocheting into another blanket. At the time of writing this post, I do not have the bag of miniature squares worked to hand.  In effect I am working four small treble squares to make a full tile.  The finishing colour is going to be a Navy blue. This will in reality be one of the later projects to be completed as I am not buying in wool specifically for this purpose (apart from the Navy blue) and am using scraps or scraps that other people have kindly gifted me.  Still a long way to go, but I am using a Navy blue wool to back the blanket and make the colours pop that little bit more.

Flower Presses

Flower pressing is something I have done on and off since I was about 11 years old.  It all started with a Biology project and I ended up drying all sorts of wildflowers for said school project.  I have found several of my flower presses which I hope to bring back into use this year, if not, next year.  I have several projects lurking in the wings covering several spectrums, but first I need dried pressed flowers and leaves and quite a few at that.  All items mostly home orientated, but we shall see how we get on.  Even if I do not get round to the projects themselves, if I can build up a stash of useful ephemera, dried leaves, flowers etc. I am then going to have quite  a choice of items to play with at the end of the day.  There are  many pretty leaves that accentuate things just as nicely as flowers and as I have said I have lots of ideas.

French Sampler

I have also found the French cross stitch Sampler I bought from Auction.  This is a slightly different Sampler to the one I have been working for 40+ years and which I am yet to get back to.  From what I understand, this Sampler was worked by the lady who sold me it.  It was a piece that she had worked for her mother.  I do like it.  It has been much cherished.  However I think it is going to need reframing a little later down the line.




English Sampler

Yet again, I bought this particular Sampler from the Charity shop locally to me.  Someone had put in a lot of hard work and effort and it had been beautifully framed.  I think I only paid about £5 for it.



Home Sweet Home Sampler

The same with this Sampler.  Was found on the same day as the one above.  Yet again £5.



I cannot bear to see such beautiful works of art left in Charity shops like this.  It seems to me somewhat poignant that someone has put in so many hours to create these lovely things.  I find it sad even though it opens up the pictures to new owners and new homes.

It has been lovely to re-acquaint myself with some of my treasures.

Will pop up further posts as I find items of interest.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts