Just a little update

 Things are a bit hectic around here.  G is getting stuck in with the Pantry and as I cannot move in the kitchen bathroom or Pantry I am sorting out the front bedroom and trying to get that in some kind of order.  There will be a post on this in due course as  this will be a long term project.  Needlesss to say that I am finding no end of stuff.  All will need attention in due course but at least most of my clothes are in the wardrobes and I can access them reasonably easily. I would rather use my time elsewhere at the moment, there is nothing I can feasibly do with the Pantry.  Once that has all been painted out and is dry is where my work will begin and then I should be able to start cruising downstairs.  Must say am very pleased with how things are coming along at the moment.  G has been able to put up some shelves so that they will not play Leap Frog off the wall which is what they did last time.  He has been selective therefore as to where the shelves are going.  I am thinking of putting some of my jars from the Dresser in here, but as many of them were vintage and some of them cost an arm and a leg I am erring on the side of caution at the moment.

I have also found my flower presses which I am hoping to get back into use sometime this year as I have a few projects that I want to try out and which the flowers will be needed for.  In the run up to flower season I will be pressing pretty leaves where I can.  However will be keeping edible leaves and flowers separately for one of the projects includes using them in cooking.  Can never be too safe when it comes to things like this.

It has been a bit of a grey day; we have had a bit of drizzle but it is a Sunday afternoon, ready to enjoy the last of the weekend for many of you before going back onto the treadmill and to work.

I have the washing machine on as I have found some linen want to put into use, but it is a little dusty so into the washer it has gone and will be tumbled and ironed later on.  I have a lot of work to do.

Despite the work of the last few days, my arm has been playing up but have found that if I stick the hot water bottle on it at night and also have a couple of paracetamol things are not too bad.  I do not like taking pain killers repeatedly.  I do have a high pain threshold, but I know that there is going to come a time in the future where I will need assistance such is the nature of the medical conditions I, and so many others are dealing with although it impacts us all slightly differently.

At the minute am managing to hold the fatigue at bay.  Think it may have something to do with the gradual return of the light.  Wouldn't be surprised as the rain doesn't do me any favours.

Unfortunately there will be no Patchwork report this evening as I have been doing as I think I have only managed two small sessions at the quilt this week.  Will do a double report for next Sunday for those of you interested.

G has just returned with the pooch from a walk.  He will now be armed and dangerous in control of a paintbrush for the rest of the afternoon.

Enjoy the rest of your day.  I will pop up a post where I can.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan
x

Comments

  1. You sound so very busy and productive- I feel exhausted reading about your activities.

    I need to do some very serious sorting in my cottage - but I can always think of a reason not to do it

    I hope your organisation continues to go well
    Siobhan x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Siobhan, needs must we are long overdue a clear out. I have been procrastinating for too long. Energy levels at the moment seem to be a bit better. Past couple of nights have been very tired and shoulder has been playing up so I ended up having some paracetamol and a hot water bottle initially on my feet but then on my shoulder. Has made a lot of difference, plus am sleeping a lot better than I have been. That for me is a "Win-Win" situation and a bonus. Trouble is we have bought stuff over the years, and then inherited stuff and it has kind of snowballed a bit. Plus we were never going to stay here, we were always going to buy our own. That is now looking less and less of a possibility, so I am also dragging out stuff to use it at long last as well. I am looking forward to getting the Pantry not finally sorted, but better sorted. I have collected all sorts of vintage stone crocks which are storage vessels. It is going to be good having those in use in the Pantry for various items, despite what the label on the outside indicates. Can always put a pretty label over them or turn the jar around and put a label. Some of the lids are broken and non-existent but I will get G in due course to make me some wooden lids for them, and put a wooden handle on the top. Makes the most of very good stone storage jars. Am therefore recycling, revamping and making the most of what I actually have around me. I am also finding all sorts of UFO projects that I started quite a lot of them crochet. I therefore think these rugs/blankets/bedspreads will get slotted in-between doing Patchwork, although I have not done much of that this week. It is making me feel a bit better clearing out that which is no longer required. The Charity shop will benefit. Plus there are the books. I am not a minimalist! I now this sounds weird but when I can actually get to sorting out stuff and making it all nice I actually love doing it. It is the getting started that is the problem. You take care, try a little bit every day on the bits that really bother you. Catch you soon Tricia xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts