Kitchen Capers and Plans for the Rest of the Week

Some outline plans for the week together with some bits achieved.  Quite moveable if need to do so as I do not want to overwhelm myself and I do have an awful lot to do.

Sunday

I saved what was left of the stir fry from last night and fridged it.  Will be good for me to warm up probably midday tomorrow. I do not like wasting stuff and this was so tasty.

There are also some Barbecue beans which taste like the ones from KFC which look as though they will be putting in a regular appearance on the Pantry shelf as well.

For Brunch

We had some more of the chicken strips that we had the other day which are quite nice.  One is a Southern Fried Chicken the other Sweet Chilli.

Today (Sunday) was planning on making Chicken Pie but in the end deferred this until tomorrow night.


Monday

Need to make Pastry for the Chicken Pot Pie for tea this evening.

Then need to make the pie.

Tidy up the kitchen and get it square again.

Monday is traditionally (not always) but for the most part the day when I tend to do the washing.  That is my plan for this Monday.  I also have the drying and maybe some ironing to do. So on the cooking front apart from the Pie and cooking tea (Mashed potatoes, pie, Purple Sprouting Broccoli and some gravy) very little cooking will take place.

I also want to do some more work in relation to the items in the trunks and continue with the Inventory for the Pantry.

Tuesday 

Have decided that I am going to start off with one item a day on the preserving front.  You have seen the list on a previous post of the items I intend to get onto the Pantry shelf.

I am starting today with the New Potatoes.

The Swede

The Parsnip

The Carrots

Attempting to get all of these processed together.  There will  not be much of each but a few jars on each front.  I will load the canner up. To my mind anything that helps put food on the table at the end of the day is a bonus.  It can be built up gradually and then you have the basis of a meal on the Pantry shelf when you need it especially when pennies are few and far between.  Therefore preparing and planning things forward wherever possible is an insurance policy at the end of the day. Not only that will give you the opportunity to add things such as roasted potatoes to a midweek meal as all that needs to be done to the potato is roast it.  This can easily be achieved in my Ninja Foodi 9 in one Multi cooker on bake or Air Fry in about 20  minutes. Parsnip can also be roasted the same and the Swede and Carrot can be combined to create Carrot Crush.  So there is a lot of potential to be explored here.

Wednesday

The Plan is to:

Preserved Roasted Pumpkin chunks

Pumpkin Soup so that we have homemade soup off the shelf as a quick warm up meal on a cold winter's day.

Preserving the Pumpkin in chunks opens up the opportunities as to how you use it whether that be for Pumpkin pie, or Pumpkin soup.  I have two different kinds of Pumpkin the traditional large Orange Pumpkin which is going to be chunked and two medium sized Pumpkins with yellow skins which are going to be turned into soup.

Lemon Marmalade.  I love Lemon Marmalade but it is also very useful to have on the Pantry shelf as you can make cakes with it, as well as use it as a sauce or indeed use as a glaze for meat or vegetables.

Thursday

I plan to make the following:

Orange Seville Marmalade just as useful as the Lemon Marmalade.

Strawberry jam.  I am out of this and am getting frozen Strawberries on Wednesday to make this.  I use a lot in baking.

French Onion Soup.  Useful to have a ready made soup straight off the Pantry shelf which has a lot of goodness in it.

Friday

Outline plans, if I can get hold of reduced Lemons I intend to make a couple of batches of Fermented Lemon and Honey.  I have quite got into the habit of having this on a daily basis as a Tea. It is really soothing and seems to settle things down a bit.  I also intend to make a batch with both Lemon and Ginger as well.

Need to make some Fire Cider.  I am interested in making and taking this on a daily basis.

Saturday

I plan to do a little bit of baking for the cake tins.  Not sure what yet but plan on doing a little bit.

At the end of the day it will depend on how I get on as to what is achieved.  It may be that down to time constraints that plans may be deferred for a day later than planned.  At least I have an outline of what I actually want to achieve on this front.

Will see how it goes.

Let the week begin.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. It's wise to outline plans. I would benefit from doing this. Monday is also my washing day, the washing machine is working as I type. It's almost lunch time here and we will have a repeat of soup I made yesterday. I have never made jams or marmalades, probably because I don't eat them! My husband does. I'm now thinking about a pot pie, it's been a while since I've made one. Perhaps reading your blog is motivating me! I do enjoy reading your plans.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts