Operation Pattypan's Pantry

I have at last got into the Pantry.  Hallelujah!   I have spent most of the day in there and I got up early.  Looks like I am going to be in there for the evening.  My poor back is killing me.  Looks as though it is a late night rocking on as I need to scrub the Pantry out now.  Getting quite excited at the thought of being organised in the not too distant future.

I have been sorting everything out into containers so I know what is what.  Each bottle has had an inspection and the contents thrown if necessary, and the jars to be recycled.  So this should make things easier to get the Pantry organised and sorted once decorated.  It would appear that I am an inveterate Squirrel.  I have far more stuff than I thought I had and this is just in the Pantry.  I have all the stuff in the dining room to go through as well.  That's in tubs too.  Fingers crossed I might get some empty tubs so that I can get some other stuff (not food related) packed away too.

Fortunately a lot of stuff is already protected in tubs.  G has a couple of shelves to re-arrange.  However the Pantry is to be scrubbed out once the contents are completely out.

I have also hung loads of washing out in the garden today, and also paid a visit down to the greenhouse.  That needs to be re-sited and the garden set about again.  Hopefully with the lighter days coming will be able to get out a bit at a time and get that sorted too.  I am itching to get growing on stuff, but the greenhouses need re-siting first. I know it is still early and I have some time, but am anxious not to miss growing stuff like I did last year.

I had a mild panic as I had left the compost (so I thought) down at the greenhouses.  When I went down I could only see half a bag and thought some had gone missing.  I had only walked past it on the way to hang the washing out.  So at least I have compost to start off early although I am going to need some more.

Looks now as though it will be tip day on Saturday round one put it that way.

It is G's birthday today.  I cooked him a full English breakfast  and have cooked him a roast Chicken dinner with Black Forest pancakes for pudding.  Happy birthday bumps  - 69 in order I think! 

I am now off to get on for the evening.  Going to be a late un as I want G to be able to get on sorting the Pantry first thing tomorrow

Have a lovely evening, keep warm, safe and feel the joy.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. Happy Birthday to G! You have to be excited to be so close to pantry conclusion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. G says thank you. In all honesty I didn't think I was ever going to get in there as I have been dragged off it when in full swing several times. However, as I have said, I don't give in easily. I am a bit cussed. Hopefully I will be able to plan shopping and meals a lot more easily once I can find stuff. There is always a meal to be had out of the Pantry and even though I have quite a bit of stuff. I really am at some point going to have to have a major shopping expedition as well as hopefully get to preserve a lot more of my own creations. That will take some planning though at the moment. Fingers crossed and toes plaited will be able to achieve this in due course. I will probably focus on specific items in the months to come to make sure am well stocked for next Winter in any event. I also have some Pantry mixes to make up as well to make life easier! Hope you are keeping well Tricia xx

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday G
    Siobhan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. G says thank you for the birthday wishes. Take care xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts