A busy day

 Where the Marigolds have gone on and I have started stripping the kitchen out.  G needs to finish the painting and although he has done a little bit where it is easily accessible the kitchen needs to be completely clear.  I have told him categorically that he is not going in with the paint pot until it is sorted.  Hopefully should get that all clear tomorrow for him in order that he may proceed.  

The little bit of painting that he has done has made all the difference.  He still has quite a way to go, and there are several bits and bobs that need doing including a socket board for my microwave and my small electric cooker and also re-positioning items that I have on the walls.  My previous cooker did not have a glass top and I had hung two racks for cooking equipment above it.  The current cooker has a glass top which is proving to be a useful bit of working space when I want the breadmaking machines on etc as I can just pop it down.  However the lower rack collides with the glass top so I had taken everything off that in any event.  As G will also be doing some filling and patching of walls etc. he is going to take the opportunity to fill in the holes in the wall above the cooker and then re-site the second rack with a sister rack to the side of the dishwasher so that I can keep some bits and pieces up and easily accessible which will keep the cupboards clear and also make it easier for me when in full on cooking mode.

I also need to strip the top of the upper cupboards of equipment in order that he can paint the wall and also the ceiling.  I need to be able to put them somewhere for at least a couple of days whilst the paint goes on and is allowed to dry and then second or maybe third coat applied.  So a lot of work to be done but it will be worth it in the long-term.

The mixing bowl cupboard has also been stripped out and washed.  This is a lower cupboard and it's sister cupboard which lives next door and which has most but not all of my saucepans in it has also been done out as well.  Tomorrow it will be the general everyday stuff cupboard that will be bottomed out.  

We are having a take-away for tea this evening, being as I have been busy he has ordered something in which allowed me to get on for longer which has helped quite a bit.  Not had a take-away for absolutely ages.  Although it made a change, I do prefer to cook.

Off to put my feet up.

Have a good one.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. You are moving right along. By next week you should have everything back in place and in order. We are having a rotisserie chicken from the local deli for our dinner this evening, so easy on me, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am stripping out our kitchen too and it’s amazing what I have managed to give away on FB already. Catriona

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts