As a result of doing some sorting yesterday

 Apart from everything else that was going on with the tidying etc.  I also managed to get to the Veg shop.  They did not have much and neither did the Co-Op.  I will go again later in the week. probably on Friday.  I did come back with a couple of Pomelo, two packs of mixed chillies, cabbage, leeks, two cauliflowers and three Primrose plants (£2.40 for the three).  So they have been popped up.  I am hoping to get three more later on in the week as well.  There is an ulterior motive to this.  I love Primroses and I am keen to establish a stock of blooms eventually in order that I can then preserve them for cake decorations. Will not get many this year but once you have a base stock you can grow things on a bit.  Can only do what you can do though at the end of the day  

I am also hoping to get hold of some Viola (also for cake decorating) and the beautiful old fashioned velveteen dark coloured variegated Pansies (this time needed for flower pressing).  I remember these from my childhood in particular and the scent. Have not seen them for years but fingers crossed will come across some.  I love old fashioned flowers and especially if they are scented.  I am also looking for some Straw Flower, Statice, Globe Amaranth, Poppy, Roses, Yarrow, Calendula (Pot Marigold), Pinks, Coneflower, Lavender, Sage (Salvia),  Stonecrop (My Nan used to grow this).  All for drying and some for crafting later on in the year.  Will see if I have anything in my stash to start with.  I love growing stuff although I am not terribly good at it.  I find it relaxes me.

The veg shop had Moneymaker tomato plants for sale today.  For this area that is early.  We do not usually plant anything out before the end of May.  

Also part of the lighter night programme is the hope that I will be able to get started with sowing some seeds.  The greenhouses are not sorted as yet, they will be when I get a chance, but the house is my main focus at the moment.  However, I am hoping to locate my seeds and start off some seeds in the house (until the houses are sorted).  Have just looked at the weather forecast and think this may be the best option to start with.

I managed to get some further tidying done last night sorting out my books, wiping them down and polishing them. They are now stacked in readiness to go into the front room.  I have the same to do with a load of magazines as well.     

This morning, we have sorted out a "lurking" Christmas tree in its box that had no particular home.  That is now in the cupboard out of the way so that we are no longer tripping up on it. There is more Christmas stuff to go in there, but that is in the front bedroom at the moment and once it is sorted out will get transplanted to the cupboard. I still have more work to do later on with the items pulled out yesterday.  I intend to keep at it, will clear it and either get rubbish dumped tomorrow at the tip, or the items will be stored if am keeping them.  Tonight I hope to get all my paper crafting items into the one box.  There are lots of dies and cutters for my Big Shot paper cutter.  There are also some cutters under the desk for this so they will also go into the box.

Another one of the items that came out of the cupboard was some of my missing acid proof framing board.  I am therefore chuffed to have found this (it is the largest size that I have - about 6 sheets I think) as I am going to need this when I start cleaning and re-framing embroidered/cross stitch pictures that I also have.  They are all like "ladies in waiting" looking forward to the time when they will all be sorted out and up on the wall.  I really do have a lot to do.  First things first though.

I did find a part started Pansy cross stitch as well.  That has been put to one side for the time being whilst I concentrate on the other items first.  Otherwise they will not get sorted.  I will therefore this evening be carrying on with the sorting out that I started last night. I did find a box of china for my dinner service that I have downstairs so they are going to be added to that particular stash.

It has been a milder day today, now that we are officially into Spring.  Tonight for tea though we are having something nice and simple but comfort food as well.  Sausage, mash and onion gravy.  My appetite is still off, but this could just be the ticket.  Not much cooking either even better.

Perhaps will get back into the kitchen proper tomorrow.  With all the lifting and going up and downstairs successive times yesterday my back has been kicking off and I am a bit cream-crackered so taking things a little steadier today. My shoulder has been quite good lately but that has been uncomfortable today hence the rest.  Good timing on trying to sort out the rest of the stuff from yesterday.

Hope everyone has a lovely evening.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x



Comments

Popular Posts