Biting off more than I can chew

 ....well that is me all over.  In for a penny in for a pound and it does not matter how difficult.  I have never been one to take the easy way; as a result this often complicates my life in multiple ways however I cannot help how I am built.  I work with things and adapt as I go along.  We have choices at the end of the day and yes in the longer term it will work out.  You have to have faith and hope in things that you see within your own vision that no one else can see.  After all you know yourself better than anyone else.  The trick is to find a way through all the tumbling blocks and establish your own parameters and peace.  Cannot get away from your inner self and I am these days grateful for the peace that I do achieve.

I made a small foray into the back bedroom last night and as I have mentioned there is a lot of stuff to sort out.  I only got a little way down the heap I am concentrating on when I found a bag of light coloured yarn that had got a little grubby and so I had washed it sometime back in a netted bag to try and keep all the balls together.  They seem to have got mighty muddled during the washing and the drying despite my attempts to keep things together.  I did not have the time to unravel it at the time I got it clean and dry which is why it has lurked in the back room for a while.  I have therefore been left with something of a "Spider's Web" to try and untaffle which has pleased G no end.  He thinks I should just ditch the lot.  That is all well and good but I have chosen to tackle it.  The wool is for part-worked projects and I am not going to "ditch" things because to me that is taking the easy way out.  Once it has been tackled I will feel relief at having got it to that stage, but actually finishing the projects that the yarn is for is putting a bigger part of me into what I am making.

I spent two hours last night unravelling and it went a lot better than anticipated.  Yes it can be infuriating, but got to keep at it.  I still have a long way to go, but it will be worth it in the end.  There are at least three types of yarn muddled up together.

Wool wound last night:



What I started with today:



This afternoon, I have spent another two hours untangling the yarn and thinned a bit more out.  It is going to take some time but will be worth it in the end.  You only get out of something all the effort that you put in.  Makes you appreciate things a heck of a lot more.  I also need to repair the little pannier basket the wool is in as both lids have come off and need re-attaching.



What I started with tonight:



I also found a small Christmas themed tablecloth which is part-way embroidered.  It is one of two.  I am going to endeavour to finish this off over the the next week or so - will probably take longer  (in between winding the wool).  Then I can pop the threads up with the second cloth to work the second one in due course.  I am kind of looking at the unfinished items first. I do not need the magnifyer for this one. This is what I am working on this Easter weekend something for the Christmas pile!  That is how real life often goes though.





Tea tonight has been a frozen curry which has gone down very nicely.  There is nearly always too much flavoursome gravy to mop up with a curry and I love to dunk Naan bread into this. Getting fed up with paying through the nose for the Naan bread so had a go at making my own.  Not bad for a first attempt, but needs to be thinner I think I left it a little on the thicker side but certainly mopped up the juices.  Once have got to grips with this will share another day.  Needless to say am well and truly full now.




Am going back to my wool winding this evening as well.  Tomorrow will be a busier day but I have had to down tools for a little while and at least I am doing something that needs doing and not wasting any time.

Been chilly here today.

I hope everyone has a lovely Easter and weekend.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

P.S. Photos will be added later on - snail's pace at the momentx

Comments

  1. You deserve a meddle for sorting the messy yarn and rolling into balls, but like you, I would have done the same, muttering to myself why did I start this.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts