I am getting in the mood

..... again for crafting. It has been many weeks since I have really been able to settle and do some crafting apart from some patches for the quilt.  Part of the problem is that as I am tidying things up, I am finding materials, kits, part finished works or items that have come out of part worked items and I am getting itchy feet and I want to be getting stuck in there.  Unfortunately each time I want to do a bit of crafting there is always someone grumbling and moaning in the background.  Have not finished with him yet.  He is the same when I read but I am not giving anything up he will have to suck it up!

I do intend to do quite a bit of crafting in any event.

I have found the Pansy pincushion kit that I wanted to start a while back but I do need my magnifier for this which I still have not located.  That one is not started but is a small project and is on the list to do.  I am hoping the magnifier will turn up reasonably quickly.

I have also found the part worked Pansy picture that is also talking to me.

Both of these projects I have popped into my Fairy sewing tin together with some other bits and bobs found along the way sewing implements that sort of thing.  At least they are now in a central place and can then be transferred to either their kits or stay in the sewing tin if an implement.  It is therefore like gradual organising.

I am also coming across more and more shirt fabric that I had harvested for patchwork.  That is also talking to me.  Hopefully my sewing desk will be clear by the end of the week in any event so that I can get to the machine to do some machine patchwork in due course.  Well that is the hope at the moment.  I have plans for a heart embellished throw, a Dresden Fan throw, some other smaller projects like placemats, pot warmers, oven gloves.  All on the machine which will be quicker than hand piecing.  There are other sewing projects as well too.  All waiting in the wings.  

For the best part of today I have been sorting through magazine cuttings, instruction books, cookery cards, etc. sorting out what I am going to keep and then putting them somewhere that I can easily get hold of them.  There are still a few more bags to sort through but work is in progress and that is the main thing.

One of the bigger projects I have to tackle is that I have a large cone of crochet cotton which has fallen to pieces.  I am therefore going to have to sit and unwind this.  It was bought for a couple of crochet cushion covers and also a couple of small circular tablecloths. Have had it quite a few years and this is something would like to get to grips with.  This may be one for working during the winter months or when we get to the caravan.  However the cotton will get re-wound first.  It is a beautiful pale pink colour.  That is going to take a little time to untaffle.

I have always been one to have several projects waiting in the wings, and to buy things in advance of when they were actually needed.  During times of hardship this has always been to my advantage as I always have something that I can be doing somewhere down the line even when pennies are scarce. Therefore in times of plenty (in the past) if I can afford it I buy in a few things that I like for crafting or indeed for the house.  

In truth there are so many things to do, it is not a matter on the crafting front of dealing with what is the most important.  A matter of dealing with them as I find them.

The cupboard that was bottomed out the other day is in the small bedroom/craft room/study.  I am still trawling through bits from there, but once those are tidied and sorted I intend to strip the bedroom out, and get things organised so that I can get to the machines and to sewing stuff up on a more regular basis than I have been able to do so far.  This room needs Spring cleaning in any event.  I am choosing to do this room in advance of anything else in order that I can then go and get on when I need to.  It will be a useful exercise in any event and then I can get back on track with everything else.  (Hopefully).  Fingers crossed and toes plaited.

Well it will be a start in another direction.

Tomorrow is another day.

Catch everyone soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. You are really getting to grips with all the cleaning and sorting! I've been tidying and cleaning a lot myself this week as I have company coming this weekend. But I don't think I'm doing as good a job as you are!

    I'm not a crafter myself but I have stacks of books set by to read and I always seem to have a few puzzles on the go as well - it's good to be busy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Margie, I am trying my best. Keep getting tempted to go off piste and do something not on the list. Am pleased that a few things are starting to go my way for a change. Will keep at it. There have been many weeks where it hasn't though. We can only do what we can do at the end of the day. Take care Tricia x

      Delete
  2. I also am not a crafter. I used to be an accomplished clothing maker but gave that up many years ago. I moved to the country and made baby horses instead! I'm getting my office sorted, it has been the repository for anything and everything. You sound creative.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sandra, in the past I have made a lot of clothes as well. Have done ever since learned to sew, but not an expert. Am being tempted by all sorts of things, however am trying to keep focused not easy when I see some wool or fabric and think it would make a good this or that. I fear at the rate I am finding stuff that I will end up doing something off piste. Thinking dish cloths and flannels at the minute as have just found some cotton wool. I will never go to heaven xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts