I had every intention

.. of posting last night! unfortunately other events and time itself got in the way.  So tonight's post is basically catching up on the past couple of days.

I also had intentions of adding photos to this blog but it is throwing a wobbler.  Hope am able to add soon.   In any event:

Sunday

G decided he was going to do some work in the dining room which was contrary to everything planned.  As a result he ended up making a bigger mess of everything and now I cannot find half the stuff I had sorted out.  So I am going to have to pull everything out at some point and start again.  He got his job sorted but has now posed another one that he is going to have to sort out.

We did though have a very lovely Tea.  I did not cook roasties this weekend for a change.  We had a lovely full Leg of Lamb which I studded with garlic a little rosemary and also some Redcurrant jelly to glaze the top of the fat.  







I served this with mashed potato, French Beans, Carrots, steamed finely shredded cabbage, and Kale.  Must say it went down very nicely and had a lot of flavour.  I am not serving a duplicate meal for tomorrow evening's tea, but am going to use everything up into a Posh Shepherd's Pie.  I do not believe in wasting everything and I thought it would be a different way of using up good food.






Monday

Has been a quieter day.  I have been pottering in the kitchen this afternoon and have subsequently made the "Posh Shepherd's Pie" for tea this evening which has gone down very nicely indeed.  Used everything up leftover from yesterday including spare veggies i.e. carrots, steamed shredded cabbage, French Beans and the leftover mashed potatoes which formed the crust.

I started off by preparing some leek, carrot and onion and frying it off gently in the pan.  I then added in some of the gravy leftover from yesterday and then added in thicker sliced meat which was then cut into little squares and added to the gravy.  I then chopped up the veggies from yesterday and mixed that all in.  I keep tasting as I go along and adjust the seasoning as well as I go.  Tonight I added in a little mint jelly as well. Yesterday I used Rosemary and Apple jelly.












I then added the meat contents to a medium sized deep casserole dish and added the leftover mashed potato from yesterday after working it with a fork to break it up a bit.  I then added finely grated cheese to the top.  It was cooked Gas Mark 5 for about 50 minutes or until the top is nicely golden.

This makes a much more textural Shepherd's pie because it is sliced and cut into pieces but you could always mince it.  Still makes a lovely heart-warming meal for a cold evening though and does not waste anything.





Seem to be having technology problems at the moment.  My phone does not seem to be working correctly when it comes to Instagram or indeed receiving messages.  Still trying to fire-fight and if that isn't enough, the computer is fast following suit!  Tiz always the depth that varies!  Well these things are sent to try us.

Been a chilly day here, but at least the evenings are a lot lighter than they have been.

Hope everyone has a lovely evening.

Am off to potter.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan
x

Comments

Popular Posts