Resting Day and some Rump Steak

Not firing on all cylinders and feeling decidedly not with it today.  Therefore took the opportunity of not doing anything apart from cook tea that is.

I have however have been pottering trying to find answers to both the phone and computer issues.  Might try and resolve this sometime over the weekend.  Slowly drawing information together to do this.  I can operate a computer but I am not a techy.  I can usually find my way around things eventually but they are not necessarily the normal way around things, but there we are it would not do if we were all the same.

G when he went shopping at the weekend came back with a couple of 16oz Rump steaks from Iceland.  Absolutely massive!  There is an offer on for either Sirloin (12oz steaks) or Rump (16oz steaks) buy two for £12 a the moment or one pack for £6.50  Far too much for me to be honest but then my appetite is not what it used to be.  Tends to be smaller amounts these days all the way round as I just cannot manage the types of meals that we used to have.

I therefore cooked what I thought was the bigger of the two steaks for tea for G with some fried Portobello Mushrooms.  Needless to say he polished that off rather quickly.  The length and the thickness of the steaks was really deep.














Just look how thick that steak is when it is rested on its side.

I on the other hand decided to cook my steak (which turned out a lot larger did not look it in the packet though) and slice it in a sarnie with some fried onions.  That went down very nicely and was extremely tasty.  Most people forget about Rump steak but it does make for a nice meal.











Turned out a nice tea with lots of flavour.  Still half the steak left.  G has since finished it off in another sarnie now he has had a break for a while from eating.

Tomorrow we are having the rest of the Posh Shepherd's Pie.  Could not manage much this evening in any event.  Not after all the Posh Shepherd's Pie last night.

Right am off to potter.  Have a lot of things to do as usual.  Sometimes the pottering helps just by getting things into some sort of semblance.

Hope everyone has a lovely evening.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. I hope all cylinders are firing today. The food looks really good. I made bread, that's something!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts