Well it was Monday Rumblings

Of a different sort.

A couple of things went wrong in the evening.  Namely my mobile phone and gaining access to Virgin/02 account.  Have done everything they have said and it still is not playing ball and then the washing machine threw a major wobbler.  Flashing all lights, like a Police Accident scene.  In my typical fashion rather than disturb himself in the first place out came the instruction book and I followed the guidance given.  Basically I had put a boil wash on for the tea towels, dish cloths etc. and come down to a half emptied machine with the lights flashing all over on the panel.  Established that I needed to disconnect the electricity for at least a minute and then re-set it which I subsequently did.  Got that sorted and then needed to drain the drum and that is where it would not co-operate.  On most modern machines there is now a trap to collect any debris so it does not block the pump.  There was on my last machine which was very easy to deal with.  On this machine I was not sure where it was.  Therefore switched it off came upstairs told himself about the Fandango going on in the kitchen and asked if he would have a look at it this morning.

Apparently he went down to do some more painting this morning and decided to have a look at the machine whilst he was down there.  Next thing I know there is a dripping wet Geoffrey complaining that he needed socks, and trousers as the pump being still full on the washer had then dissipated over the kitchen floor.  Yes he got his clean clothes and when I got down there, there were sodden towels all over the floor.   He is not a tidy worker at the best of times.   I end up going around recovering tools etc. when he has been doing something to get them all back together again.  Frequently they get decanted into a carrier bag. 

He had not found anything in the pump trap but the water had to go somewhere.  He said he had not managed to get it going and so I set a wash programme up and left the machine to run.  If everything is okay I will pop the boil wash on again then.

Washing machine working again.  Have caught up on the loads missed from it not working last night.  Still a few more to go though.

It has been an interesting afternoon.  We have a cupboard in the small bedroom, trouble is neither of us knew what was in there.  G started went in and started it and then wished he hadn't.  Consequently what I had planned in the kitchen went by the wayside as I was needed to sort it out.  He has no patience.  Some of the contents were mine but most his.  A lot of rubbish basically, and so a trip to the tip is forecast for tomorrow to get shot of it.  Did however find a load more of my paper crafting stuff which I knew had gone missing just did not know where.  That will therefore be amalgamated in the box where a lot of the other paper crafting paraphernalia is.  Will be good to have it in one big box.  Might mean that I will actually get to play about a bit in the future.  I also have some other books etc, and other bits and bobs to sort out so it looks as though I will be starting on that this evening.  Might take a couple of evenings to sort out overall but it will be good to have another segment of stuff sorted out.  Trouble is it is not what I really need to be doing, but there we are these things are sent to try us.  Have found mine and his Fly Fishing equipment though (before anyone gets excited yes have been Fly Fishing a couple of times but am really only a novice).  I quite enjoyed it once I got into it but that was sometime ago in Scotland went on about four trips there.  Trouble was time of year we went it got very cold and I am not good in the cold.  Those were good holidays with Chrissy and Nick.

So we are continuing to progress and little by little are starting to get things sorted.  Going to take quite sometime but it does need to be done.  

Am sorting the books tonight and then am going to get them downstairs.  Most of them belong in the Front room and in any event there will be a small cull.

Hope everyone has had a good day and lovely evening.

Good evening from shattered of Peterborough.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

xx                                                                                                                            

Comments

  1. If it's not one thing, it's another. I'm hopeful the washer worked itself out. I would think you need good shoulders to fly fish, which would leave me out! Perhaps today will sort itself out a bit better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sandra sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Washer now purring away although I am keeping my beady eye on it. It is a few years since we have been fly fishing and in all honesty not sure I will be able to do it now but intend to have a go in the future. I quite enjoyed it was very peaceful and went to some lovely quiet spots in Scotland too. |t is the cold that is the killer for me a lot of the time, despite being wrapped up. Hope you are okay. Take care Tricia xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts