Change of Plans

 Back into the bedrooms today again rather than the kitchen.  Need to get a fair bit tidier before the kitchen G does not cope well with change especially when it involves  having the house upside down.  He has been told he will have to live with it until I can get this particular room sorted out.  Far worse than the Craft Room/Study/Computer room. So carrying on from where I left off.

There have been some other things going on/happening in the background as well, but more on that soon. I always have other things going on as well as focusing on the project in hand.  It is just that some things have to be done on top of and perhaps before continuing on as a matter of priority.  Trying to keep plates spinning on different levels can sometimes be a little fraught.  However I am determined that we are going to get somewhere room by room.  I have had to go into the back bedroom as this is the main storage area, and I have other things throughout the house that need to be stored but no room for in there at the moment. I also know that some stuff has been put into the back bedroom that should not be there, as a result of work being done in the house, inspections etc.  so it is going to be like peeling an onion layer by layer.  However have got through three big bags of paperwork.  All has been sorted into subject order

Thankfully the wind has dropped today, and there have been periods of sunshine and it is warmer than it has been.  Windows open to let in some fresh air.  Always beneficial.  I have been out into the garden for a quick recce.  G is going to have to go to the tip soon.  I have also located more seeds, Rhubarb is doing well although not quite ready for picking and using.  Will not be long.  Grapevine is sprouting.  Mint is coming through including the additional sets I took last year.  Hope to get out into the "Herb" Border in the next few days to tidy it up and get things going. I actually quite like gardening itself, gives me a lot of peace.  I am intent of harvesting a lot more Mint this year for Mint Tea, Long Keeping Mint Sauce, Mint Syrup and Dried Mint for use in cooking rather than tea.  Maybe even some home made Creme de Menthe!  Will see how the pennies go on that.

I have primarily been back into the Craft room to try and finish off this tranche of paperwork and sort a stack of recipe orientated stuff and instruction booklets.  Unfortunately I have used the last of my Lever Arch files and so cannot decant these so readily.  They can however be sorted into subject (which has now been done) and then taken from there as soon as I have new files which hopefully will not be long.  Stuff I do not want to get rid of like instruction books, banking stuff that sort of thing.

Have found one of the boxes of shells I have which is handy as they and others I have are needed for a couple of projects.

So a relatively pottering day today but every little helps as they say.  I am going to be continuing a little into the evening as well before I sit down again.

Weather is periods of rain and wind over the next few days.  Will see what happens as if I can get some washing out to dry it will be going out.

Perhaps will be bedroom bound again tomorrow, but yet again may just have to have a day in the kitchen.  Getting withdrawal symptoms.  If not tomorrow though will be Wednesday.

Right am off to do some further sorting.  It will be worth it in the longer run.

Have a lovely evening everyone.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. You have been busy. I live in a cold, northern climate, therefore we have basements. Great for storage as long as a dehumidifier is run there. I'm sure you want your kitchen completed and in order. So much going on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sandra, yes am juggling the plates too much going on, but it needs doing. Just stopped 9pm UK time, and am going to sit and work on one of my UFO items which am working in the background or trying to at least. I like to be busy but I need to come up for air every so often. Kitchen it is tomorrow even though I want to carry on with the bedroom. Wish we had a basement or a cellar. We do not have a garage or any sort of outside storage unfortunately. I could quite use both the cellar for my food shenanigans and a basement for storage. Would be in seventh heaven. You take care, Tricia xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts