What a Wonderful Day

 It has been warm and sunny and I feel much better than I did.

Needless to say I am not rushing back into things although I have done a bit.  I have managed to get no end of washing done, still have more to do, but the more urgent of the items are out of the way with.  I have also managed to get them pegged out on the line, in the sunshine and there is a slight breeze.  They smell wonderful when dried and brought in.  So a real result on the washing front.

It has been so lovely outside that my fingers are itching to get started on some weeding in the herb border. My fingers need to ground themselves into the Earth.  The greatest form of healing.  However, I am still in the kitchen and we are having a cooked tea this evening, Toad in the Hole with Onion gravy and some veggies.  Am doing an individual Toad today.  Just something simple and not over-complicated. 


Therefore if and when I get out it will only be for a short time, and I will work my way down the herb bed in this fashion a little at a time, until I get all of my energy back.  The rest of the garden needs sorting and I envisage a visit to the tip shortly once I have everything sorted out and can get stuck in.  I want to make a little of the lovely weather we have had today and get a little top up of Vitamin D in the process.

There is so much to be done that is why I am trying to listen to my body when it is having an off day.

I have been called in for my next Covid Booster (as a result of my reduced immune system), which I am grateful for.  That will be in a couple of weeks.  I think from my birthday next month I am also eligible for the Shingles Booster.  My poor Nan developed Shingles one year and she did not know what it was and invited me to check her out.  On the inner part of both her thighs were separate very large blood blisters which were making it difficult for her to walk. They were black. She also had lots of blisters on her back. My Uncle got her to the Doctors pronto. I have never forgotten that.

When we first came to Peterborough my first week of school I had to have off as I had Chicken Pox.  None of the regular medical conditions were particularly nice and Chicken Pox and German and ordinary Measles were particularly naff.  I was "poorly" in particular with the Chicken Pox.  I therefore intend to take advantage of this as well.  Because of the immunisation programme in this country for all these basic infections, most people nowadays do not experience any infection in full flow as the body because of the immunisation is able to fight off the infection. So worth it overall I think. My Mum was always bothered about us getting Diptheria because of the problems it causes with breathing and in some cases is a killer.  She remembered some of her siblings having it when she was a child and this always bothered her.  Mum was part of a family of 10 children.

I am glad the light nights and days are here again.  For today at least we have had warmer and better weather for which I am grateful.  I might get a few more seeds sorted now as well.  

Tea was very tasty.  In the end I did a full tray with four sausages (not the biggest of trays) and served with shredded steamed buttered cabbage, new potatoes, carrots, and cauliflower. Served with an onion gravy. Has gone down very nicely and no leftovers.  Now suitably stuffed.

Did not get into the garden to work today.  However, forecast is meant to be for a dry day tomorrow supposedly reaching 19 degrees.  Will see what happens.  Still have more washing to get dried in any event.

Did a bit more in the kitchen, but will be back in there again tomorrow at some point as well.

Just about to get the washing in.

Am going to do some knitting now.  Did not get to it last night as just could not focus.

Have a lovely evening everyone.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts