You know when you think something is a good idea

 ...... you started something and then many hours later you wished you had not started.  That is the state of play with me and my craft desk today!  It looks as though will be overlapping into tomorrow at this rate. This will be the case and I have only cleared the top so far.  This is real life here at the moment, but at least am starting to get to things.



I have done quite a bit of sorting out of stuff that had been left on top of the desk.  It will not be going back into the craft room.  Have decided as there is not much space in any event and I am trying to organise it so that I can go in and play at my desk when the muse takes me.  Both machines have been cleaned and I have plans for playing with both in due course, but first of all the organisation bit needs to be thoroughly sorted.  My Big Shot paper cutter has also been cleaned down and is now ready for me to get to as well.

Another reason for clearing my desk down is that I also would like to pop one of my embroidery frames on there to do some hand embroidery; using the frame makes the stitch tension more even and I think gives a nicer finish overall.  In the UFO stash there are several embroidered pieces that will need this.  I also thought that being able to turn round from the computer desk to the craft desk will mean that I will be able to focus on getting these things done.  I have a craft light on here, but need to feed in a new socket board so that I have the electric to connect everything up.  I have a love of all things embroidery.

Everything on the chair was on top of the desk but it is now being kept in the back room so that can move more easily when it comes to working on something.  More streamlined and less cluttered.



When I come to work any future items I will bring it into the craft room when I am ready to deal with it rather than leave it lurking on the top which has been my way up until now.  Just trying to shake things up and be a bit more effective with getting stuff dealt with in order that I get them completed rather than half-finished.  My cutting boards for paper and for fabric are also here.

I have also given myself an awful lot of paperwork to consolidate on the computer as well, which will save having pieces of paper here there and everywhere which also will help an awful lot overall.

It is going to take a concerted effort but it does need doing and has needed to be done for quite some time.  As often is the case though when you start doing something with the best of intentions, you end up somewhere down the line getting diverted elsewhere.



However, quite a bit has been achieved, quite a few practical arrangements have/are being put in place in an effort to work more savvy and maximise what time I do have available.

Tonight we had fish, mushy peas and chips for tea which has gone down very nicely.

Loads more to do in here tomorrow in any event.  Looks as though the kitchen will be dealt with on Friday.

Been a cold, wet and windy day here in Peterborough.  Supposed to be the same on Thursday.  Am hopeful things are going to be brighter and warmer at the weekend as I would like to get out into the garden for a couple of hours to try and sort out some of the mess out there.

Concerted tranches of time being given over to a project seem to be working for me better overall.  Will see how it goes.

Catch up later.

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. Very satisfying when you can sort out a big pile, long overdue for sorting. Perhaps you could get some of those plastic storage boxes and sort it further, and label. That's what I do here, and then I stand a sporting chance of finding what I have lost!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jennie, have a lot of stuff in boxes like this but have too many to store in this room. Am stripping out stuff being stored in here so that I can get to the projects in hand and the equipment and work in an uncluttered area. Its now mussing up the back room a bit but will have to take that in hand tomorrow sometime after I have finished in here. It will be well worth it in the end if I can get to the crafting after all this time. Take care sweetie Tricia xx

      Delete
  2. You made the start which is the important bit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Poppypatchwork, that is the bit I am so pleased about and I am following it through to the end. Hopefully will be finished tomorrow wherein I will then have to start sorting the back bedroom so that is not as cluttered. It is what it is with the reward being able to do my crafting at long last. Take care Tricia xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts