Please Bear with me

 I have hit a busy patch and do not have enough hours in the day at the moment.  Not getting to peruse posts or being on the Internet much.  Driving me nuts, but the focus is needed elsewhere.  I also have to make some room for a delivery tomorrow which consists of 90+ jars for preserving and I have to find a home for them where I am not going to be tripping up or they are in G's way.  More mindful of my leg these days after last week's shenanigans.  Leg is a lot better, still not there and has all sorts of multi-coloured veins showing through. Legs have been quite painful although a lot easier today than they have been.  Will see what it is like once the medication has finished.

As I have mentioned before I do have plans for a bit of a concerted effort on the preserving front and will do what little bit I can

Today has been full on, as I have cleaned the computer room out, washed the walls down, washed the floor (I do not use a mop, just a heavy old bath towel to kneel on to pad my knees, cloth and scrubbing brush the old fashioned way).  I have not had good results with mops.  However am looking for one of those well known "squiffer" mops to mop relevant floors daily with the aid of a cleaning tissue, just to keep things down until I can get down and give the floor a good scrub.  

I have also done five loads of washing and got three of them out on the line.  Looks as though it is going to be a dry day tomorrow so that which was not dry has been left out overnight.  Have more washing to do this evening in readiness for tomorrow.

A little while back I mentioned that I was trying to collate the fabric and threads for a chart that my sister-in-law (now deceased) had given to me. Chrissy was pretty special and G's true sister.  Long story but G was adopted by his grandparents and unfortunately as they did not have a big enough house, Chrissy was adopted out of the family. Mum was heartbroken about this. Funnily enough the name her mum gave her was "Patricia", her adopters changed this to Christine though.  She came looking for G and the rest of the family. She was a beautiful needlewoman and I wanted to make this as a kind of memory of her, but also because the embroidered piece resonated with me on a deeper level.  This is the piece.  I think I did a post about it quite a while back. 





In any event when I worked out buying the threads individually and the fabric, it worked out a lot dearer than buying a kit which I sourced for about £11 cheaper.  I am waiting for that to arrive.  It will go beautifully with a reproduction sampler which I started over 40 years ago and which is part-worked and also a French Sampler that was bought completed about 6 years ago.  My aim is to get this sampler worked this Winter, and then be able to get back to my 40+ years one. I have located all my other threads and so should be able to progress with this.  I intend to set my frame up on my desk in the Computer room/Craft room in order to work this, even if it is only a little bit each day it will soon build up.  Then I will have to look for a frame for this one.

Right upwards and onwards.  Will pop in as I can over the next few days.

Have a lovely evening.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. I was going to say that 90 jars was ambitious - then I did a count and found that I've managed to fill 50 in the past couple of months so no doubt you will use them all. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts