Latest Rounds of Covid and Flu jabs have commenced

I was invited to go for the flu jab today, and as I am eligible on the grounds of having a reduced immune system the latest Covid vaccine. Both of these were then administered.  Whilst at my GP Surgery, I was then offered two other vaccinations which I could either have today, next week, or the week after. I had not heard of these vaccinations and was not aware I was eligible for them. I have opted for this to be done next week on the grounds that I tend to react a little bit to any injection I receive and thought that four might be a bit much in one day.  I also wanted a little more information on the vaccinations which were being offered, which I have subsequently carried out and which are covered below.

When I came home, I subsequently went online to see what vaccinations were available to everyone generally and came up with this link from the NHS which clearly sets out the vaccinations available between the different age groups and gives a little more information as to what those vaccinations are for.  As I had not heard of them, I thought that many others may not be aware of them either and I thought it might be useful for people to be aware of what is being offered.  Sometimes because we are not aware of things, we can miss timelines of when these vaccinations can be taken  up through no fault of our own.

Link is here: NHS vaccinations and when to have them - NHS.

The first is the Pneumococcal vaccine.  Further details here: Pneumococcal vaccine - NHS which is for Pneumonia and also Meningitis cover.

The second one RSV which apparently gives assistance with what is a common cold virus which can cause pneumonia or Broncholitis.  Further information here: RSV vaccine - NHS

I therefore have a repeat visit next Saturday.  I am lucky to be looked after by my local GP Surgery as well as the local Hospital staff in many respects for which I am very grateful.

I also understand from what I was told that I will soon be offered the second part of the Shingles vaccination as well, which is part of a two part strategy to give protection against this very nasty illness and which I would not wish on my worst enemy.

I shall therefore tootle down next Saturday to get the next two injections due.  

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Proper tinned Sterilised Cream - where did it go - Can you still get it - Updated

2025 Another Year Passes

Parsnip, Apple and Ginger Chutney