Apple n Blackberry Gin/Vodka

I didn't have many blackberries to play with so I have put what few I had into a sterilised preserving jar (I might add a few more tomorrow if there are any more ripe) and then  added about 1 oz of sugar then bunged in one eating apple and a cooking apple peeled and finely chopped up and topped all this up with a bottle of gin.  It is now standing on the shelf and the dark purple colour of the blackberries is now starting to seep into the gin.  All very organic and experimental at the moment; I haven't used apple in the macerating process of liqueur type drinks before so it is all very "suck it and see" at the moment.  But we all love the flavour of blackberry and apple the flavours compliment each other so well that far be it for me to interfere with this classic combination.  I hope it turns out well - it might need a little more sugar, but I would rather err on the side of caution with the sugar as you can always add it but can't always take it away.

Comments

  1. I love the fact that you are experimenting! Lots of my drinks are as well. The brandy cherries seem to be O.K. but the dandelion cordial went off too quickly!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts