Well its been a busy day today



Despite me having a lay in - think I have caught up with lack of sleep now.

Be warned this post is photo heavy.

OH was watching the darts so when the matches he was interested in had finished (including the ladies) we tootled off to a local garden centre called The Barn on the outskirts of Peterborough.  There were a lot of plants I was interested in - especially the Roses and Fruit trees, but I am going to have to wait a bit on that.  I only have so much room here and I am not going to be here forever so if I am going to be investing in fruit trees then I want them to come with me wherever that may be.

I have however bought some new herbs for my herb patch, two thymes, two rosemary, two sage, two marjoram, two peppermint and two marguerites.  OH does not like these but I quite like them.  They are destined for two planters.  I also bought some mung bean seeds and some sunflower seeds for sprouting and a pack of pattypan squash seeds.  OH has from the farm been enjoying from their delicatessen section pattypan squash stuffed with cheese and then in a very light oil.  I understand you can pickle them as well so that is what I have bought the seeds for.

Here is what the herb garden looked like before I started it - I have only cleared part of it - the rest will be done tomorrow - but oh it has been lovely to be out in the fresh air.  The later photos show the plants I have bought plus some I already had.


As time went on I got absorbed in what I was doing and forgot all about cooking tea until someone popped his head out of the bedroom window declaring he was starving so I came in and cooked his tea.

We have had Dexter sirloin steak for tea and I must say it is one of the nicest steaks I have had.  Usually a normal sized steak is too big for me but these were just right thick but small but with a lot of meat and flavour.  The farm apparently do not have them very often but if you ever come across them they are well worth the buy.  Needless to say I shall be looking out for them again.  We have another two but they are going into the freezer.





I served tonight's tea with fried onion, broccoli, carrot, cauliflower and fresh asparagus spears with new potatoes and gravy and it really was lovely. Unfortunately I did not remember to take a photo of our meal plated up.


We then finished off with a few strawberries and some clotted cream.  So I really have had a lovely tea this evening and I managed to eat it all for a change.

I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend.  Catch you later.

Pattypan

x


Comments

  1. You have been really busy with your herb garden! It is looking very tidy. I hope you find your forever house soon, it is frustrating not being where you know you should be, but one day I'm sure you will. X x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi fluffy - it will happen one day finding my forever home when the timing is right. Its never easy living in rented accommodation but in the meantime you have to do what you can. I have everything to go in a house just not the bricks and mortar. As my lovely dad used to say one day. Hope you are keeping well Pattypan xx

      Delete
  2. Lovely post and well done on the gardening. I only wish your photos were a little larger. Those steaks are enormous, though! You must have a much larger appetite than my husband and myself. One of those would feed both of us. Indeed, delicious though steak is, we've cut 99% of red meat (and also processed meat) from our diet and now have chicken and fish more than red meat with the exception of the occasional lambs liver and bacon, and loin of pork. And while we have strawberries most weeks, we don't have clotted cream, either, even though we live in Devon, the county known for cream!
    It looks like being another lovely day again - hope you enjoy your Bank Holiday Monday.
    Margaret P

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts