Kilner Sifter Jars






Whilst in Dunhelm on Saturday I had a good look around the Kilner jar stuff and came upon a lonely jar with a wire mesh in the top known as a Sifter Jar.  I had not seen them before, but I would like to acquire a few more yet as they are ideal for my flavoured sugar stock that I keep in the pantry for use in baking and cooking.  I have started off with Vanilla Caster Sugar and filled to the neck of the jar and then pushed two whole vanilla pods into the sugar so that they are hidden.  I have left them whole as I can reuse them after they have scented the sugar for other especially as vanilla pods are getting a little pricey. P.S. The photo is not mine.  I also intend to do vanilla icing sugar and also granulated sugar.  Soft brown sugar as well.  As well as lemon, orange and lavender sugars and cocoa and drinking chocolate.


Something else that is simple for the pantry shelves.  One down several to go.



Comments

Popular Posts