Shropshire Pea Soup

Its cold and damp and I fancied something quick to warm me up for my dinner so this is in the pot as we speak ready for me to munch on with some crusty bread and butter.  I know it sounds uncouth but I have to have butter on my bread with soup, it somehow makes it richer.

Ingredients:

500g peas
1 onion finely chopped
25g of butter
Large sprig of mint plus mint leaves to garnish
900ml of vegetable stock
Salt and pepper
100ml of double cream plus extra to serve

Method:

Melt the butter in a large saucepan and add the onion.  Cook over a low heat for about 10 minutes stirring occasionally until the onion softens and begins to turn brown,

Remove the leaves from the mint and add to the pan with the peas and stock.  Bring to the boil then reduce the heat and simmer gently for 15 minutes until the peas are tender.  Blitz in a food processor (or with a hand thingy) until smooth.

Season to taste and then stir in the double cream reheating without boiling.  Serve garnished with the mint leaves and a swirl of extra cream and some chunky buttered bread.

Enjoy



Catch you soon.


Pattypan


x
Recipe taken from Landscape a Year full of recipes

Comments

Popular Posts