Stir up Sunday

For this year is today. The first Sunday in advent, the time to light the first Christmas candle and the day when Christmas puddings are traditionally made.  So if you have not made them yet now is the time to get cracking if you can and get them made so that they are matured in time for Christmas.  Do not forget to get the family all lined up to give a stir of the pudding (and make a wish) for good luck for the coming year (whenever you make it). There is nothing quite like a home made Christmas pudding. Full spicy, tasty and then there is the ceremony of pouring spirt over the pudding and flaming it on Christmas Day.

Below are two previous posts I have written re the Christmas pudding including the recipe I use which is a Delia one.  The only real amendments I make are that  I use a combination of Guinnes and Cider to mix the pudding and I also add a grated carrot and and a grated apple.





If you have already made your puddings (I have) then well done, and to those of you who have not had a go I would urge you to try the same.  They are not complicated (as many of you will know).  I use greasproof paper to top the pudding and then wrap with foil to steam the pudding not a pudding cloth.  Once the pudding has cooked the greaseproof on top can get a little greasy so I do sometimes replace the foil only and then overwrap with a muslin pudding cloth to store it cleanly in the pantry.

Right I am off to get on with some other bits and bobs.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x


Comments

Popular Posts