New Year's Eve

We are on the verge of another year - today has been another quiet day I am still not up to snuff.  No energy  and an awful lot of sleeping and as usual there are loads of things to do.  As I have not cooked properly for the past couple of days I decided to cook but it has taken it out of me.  We are waiting on a late simple supper of Lincolnshire chipolata sausages in an onion and thyme Yorkshire Pudding with mashed potato and lashings of onion gravy.  I must say I am looking forward to it.  I have always found that when I am below par that a good simple  meal often helps in the recovery process.

Update :  Tea was delicious and has gone down a treat; however I did not  manage to eat it all.

For me it is always bitter sweet saying goodbye to one year in which I have had my trials and tribulations certainly on the health front.  But wishing in turn to welcome the new opportunities that are coming in although apprehensive about some.  Perhaps because they are stretching us and taking us out of our comfort zone.  All of us at one time or another like to feel terra firma beneath our feet  So on one had I am grateful for the movement for the change I sometimes subscribe to the adage better the devil you know!  Or as one door closes another one always opens.

So as we say goodbye to one year and welcome to another I am grateful for the good periods during the last year.  As I have said not so happy about the health issues I have had but that is as long as it is tall.  It will resolve itself in due course - however fingers crossed all my hard work at trying to keep it in check will pay off it is just the reduced immunity issues I really have no control over and have to ride out like now.

So in case I don't get back later on here's wishing every single one of you, love, laughter, health, wealth and happiness in this coming year.

Take care catch you on the other side.

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. Happy New Year to you Tricia, and I hope you are feeling much better soon (and your husband too). Other folk have been saying about a nasty viral bronchitis doing the rounds and others asking is it the flu variety they warned us about. Sounds very similar. I am praying I don't get it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its the viral flu. We have been told that it will take up to three to four weeks for symptoms to go and a couple of months completely. I think I was doomed as one of the girls came into work with it before Christmas and then with OH as well. That's why I have kept away from everyone and cancelled engagements we should have gone to as did not want anyone else to get it. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year Tricia, I hope that 2018 will hold many good things for you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts