Late to bed early to rise

Well in my case this morning that did not compute and I ended up laying in which is not what I had intended.

I was late to bed last evening 1:00pm.  I would have been later had it not been for a slight hiccup with operation kitchen.  I managed to get the counter top and all the appliances scrubbed up - the chip pan was an absolute pig but I eventually got there with it.  However my hands are cut and bruised and very sore.  I slapped some Savlon cream on my hands last night to try and soothe them a little bit.

I then started on the cupboards above the work top.  The one in the corner near the cooker I use as the condiments cooker, where I keep sauces, herbs, gravy powders, stock cubes, cornflour, arrowroot etc.  It had got into a bit of a mess and so I started sorting that out.  Then the top shelf dipped when I moved a jar on the bottom shelf.  I had not noticed that one of the containers I had moved was actually holding the top shelf up.  Oohps.  Fortunately I managed to save the contents of the shelf.  So I am just about to go down and start on that again or at least do as much as I can.

OH has been alerted that an operation is needed on the cupboard and so I am going to finish sorting the contents and making room for him to get into said corner then it is over to him for a little while.  Hopefully once that is done I will be able to get back in and re-sort it.

Fortunately the next two cupboards along hold the tea and my winemaking consumables like yeast and yeast compound, plus curing salts and that sort of thing.  The unusual bits and bobs.

I am just going to have a cuppa.  A certain Jack Russell has been licking her lips at me since I got up and I need to take my medication in any event.

Back to the grind dear friends.  I shall be very happy when it is all nice and clean and up to standard again.  The paintwork will not take long so I will do that once all nice and clean.  However I do need to put a damp seal on the outer wall before the paint goes on.

Right had better get a wriggle on.

Catch you sometime later on.

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. You've inspired me to attack my kitchen before the holidays! I can, preserve, pickle and freeze a lot in the summer so the kitchen deserves a tidy up!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lefting. I hope your kitchen takes less time than mine to clean but mine will be a job that is best out of the way until the next time. Catch you soon. Pattypan xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts