Progress

Although small is progress.  I have at least two boxes worth of magazines to sort through and eliminate the ones I do not need.  That is for starters.  That can be done a little later when you have to be quieter due to other people being asleep (the walls are thin)!


I have my Christmas carols on at the moment on You Tube have just hit a classical selection mix and I must say that there have been some surprises.  Old familiar carols set to different music and some new ones altogether.  Sometimes all you need is background noise.

I am going towards the main bedroom and to try and sort out my clothes.  There are a lot of them.  Much I suspect will be going to the charity box.  Also some bits from my mum which I was not ready to get rid of but I think the time is right.  I need the space.  One of the groups I belong to we also have a pool it box for clothes that we are fed up with but which have plenty of wear in them.  I have been the beneficiary in the past in relation to this box but since I have lost a lot of weight a lot of the clothes drown me.  However I do have some favourite items and might well get these altered so that I can carry on wearing them.  Some of them were really expensive.

Thirty-two year's worth of sorting out.  Its a snail's pace at the moment but at least I am starting to address the issue.

I have come across more lovely things again today.  Some of which I think because they are brand new may well go as Christmas presents; but we shall see. Things that I have had second thoughts on as not quite my style but I think will be useful for one of the children if not both!

Right must dash.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. Good for you on grasping the nettle of decluttering, and think how many people will benefit from your clear out. I will take a leaf out of your book as I have a stack of Home Farm magazines here and although I would love to keep them, I know in my heart of hearts, I shan't have time to search through them for recipes etc again, so I will donate them to Tesco's charity table (books and magazines) and let someone else enjoy. That's just the start if we are to have less "stuff" to pack when we do finally move.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi BB I am trying to deal a little at a time. However its books and patterns and that sort of thing I am having the most difficulty with at the moment and especially certain magazines. I am further on than I thought I would be but has to be done. Hope you are feeling better xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts