Saturday Round Up

All in all I was out for about four hours foraging this morning.  As I have said I thoroughly enjoyed myself.

Since getting back home at about 2:00pm have eaten, done a little shopping and then have started on processing the fruit.  I am currently on a break as my back is nipping me from all the walking and standing up.  I have processed about one and a half stone of crab apples so far.  I still have another batch to go probably of a similar amount.




There are then the Rosehips and the Sloes to process.  I had hoped to start the actual preserving this evening but that will now have to take place tomorrow.  However I am very pleased with what I managed to gather today.  More than I expected.  However I shall go out for more Sloes, more Rosehips and some Haws as I want to make the River Cottage Haw Sin Sauce.  I will also be after some Teasels for a couple of Christmas decorations I have in mind.  Next time though I will be looking for some willow to make some home made wreaths and also some smaller twigs yet again for another Christmas decoration.  So weather permitting I shall be on another foraging trip during the week with my partner in crime and my shopping trolley to carry all of my finds in.  

I also have some other preserves to do as well so I am hoping to get to some of those tomorrow.  I have a recipe for an onion relish (I use this a lot in home made sausage rolls) and also some onion and garlic jelly.  Lots to do as usual so I just now need to get stuck in and get on.  Fingers crossed.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x



Comments

Popular Posts