Sunday catch up

It has been really cold here today and we have had the heating on for a little while this afternoon as the house got so cold.  It has warmed up nicely and hopefully will not have to have it on again this evening but if we do we do.

Tea has gone down very nicely.  There were four thick lamb steaks which had been minted together with a smaller lamb steak pack bought for next to nothing so I combined both packs and cooked them in a roasting tray with some parsnip and sweet potato.

I served it with carrot and swede mash, shredded cabbage, mashed potato and peas with lots of gravy and it has gone down very nicely.  It was very tasty as well.

I am now sat for a few minutes as there is a new series of Return to the Chateau with Dick Strawbridge and his family on shortly so I am going to watch that and then it will be get ready for tomorrow.

I have topped up with a  few veggies for the week as well bearing in mind that we have hot meals planned for most days.  If you get a hot meal you can keep yourself warm from the inside out.

Tomorrow for my breakfast I have a piece of smoked haddock with a poached egg.  Found the fish in the freezer and as OH is not partial to smoked I thought I would treat myself for a change.  That should set me up nicely for the rest of the day.

If I get chance tomorrow I might do a little baking as well.  Will see how things go and what OH is doing workwise which in effect dictates what we will and will not do and in what order. I like to make the most of what we have.  The stock pot is also on the bubble which will help an awful lot.

Right better get a wriggle on.

Catch you later.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts