A productive Day

Well it had to happen eventually.  I have on the whole had a productive day today.  Still lots to do but at least I have got what I set out to do done which is an achievement in itself. So am feeling very chuffed with life at the moment.

I have got rid of all the rubbish from yesterday's foray into the bedroom.  I have to go back in for another session.  Yes there will be further rubbish and yes there will be another visit to the tip  - probably next Sunday but the rubbish that was stacked in the front garden has now gone.  That includes clearing the two fridges out completely.  I have yet to wash them but that will happen later on when I cannot do anymore in the bedroom for this evening.  I am very mindful living in a terrace that after a certain time of night you don't do certain things that could interfere with people's sleep so I do try and be considerate with what I do.  However I can get on with things downstairs when I can no longer do anymore upstairs.

Its been a cold and damp afternoon here.  A grey winters day.  The washing machine is rocking it as we speak.  As I cooked a full blown dinner on Friday night I forgot to get the first weekend load on which mainly consists of OHs work clothes for the week.  So that is washing his stuff as we speak.  I normally get the washing on so that I have a little more time to myself of a Sunday night but hey ho the best laid plans of mice and men!  At least he got a nice hot meal on Friday night which he had not anticipated.  

The roast is cooking away.  We are looking forward to this.  Am just doing a few roasties this week with some mixed veg and some kale and some Yorkshire pudding and that will do very nicely with some gravy.

The house is starting to warm up nicely as well.  We have left it a little later today before putting it on but it is starting to warm up a treat.  I found out yesterday that the radiator had not been turned on in the bedroom.  No wonder I have been so cold. OH prefers it off I prefer it on.  I wonder who turned it off in the first place? Needless to say that is now rectified.

When it gets darker and no one can see in I will wash the nets in the front bedroom get the windows cleaned and then get the nets back up.  The curtains will go in next.

So I am off to potter and hopefully will get back a little later on although I have a planned pit stop watching Return to the Chateau and having a glass of hot mulled wine.

I hope you have had as productive a day as me or a nice relaxing one curled up in front of the TV.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x


Comments

  1. Return to the Chateau, Mulled wine, don't mind if I do. I think that I will join you in that later on.
    many thanks for planting that seed,I will grow nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do have my uses Pam. Am reliably informed that I am very good at leading my friends off the "rails"! OH does not like mulled wine. It is something I absolutely adore. I even went and bought the smallest slow cooker available just for the job which means I can go backwards and forwards and fill up. Or switch off and put on for another night. I have found that there are so many things that I love but to fit them all in over the festive days themselves just sometimes does not happen, this way round it is a win win. Bottoms up for you with your mulled wine when all comfy watching Return to the Chateau xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts