Friday Catch up

It has been a busy day here starting initially with me and moo having a little lay in and then moving on to do more turfing out work in my bedroom.  I have another couple of bags of rubbish and also some more stuff for the charity shop.

Then I walked into town.  It was a bitterly cold.  Thank goodness I was well wrapped up. I take the view that the exercise helps to keep me healthy and also helps me put things into perspective.  Quick whiz through Waitrose on the way through noticed that they have some Horseradish root so I shall nab a couple of those during the week and grate them in the food processor and then freeze them in a little double cream in ice cube trays.  That way round you get a perfectly acceptable horseradish sauce for serving with beef dishes or adding to dips.

Then I met my friend for lunch and a good chin wag.  As I was not well last week I ended up not seeing her but it was good to catch up today and put the world to rights.

I then whizzed into town for a quick look around.  Spotted several things and made a mental note to go back next week and if still there make a purchase if not look for something else.  There were a lot of people in town.

I decided on my way into town that we would have a nice hot tea tonight especially with the change in the weather to colder.  So we have had steak pie, steamed kale, mixed carrot, broccoli and cauliflower served with lashings of gravy.  It was yummy and has gone down well adding extra vitamins to our systems.  Must have hot meals in the colder weather as you need something to stick to your ribs.  Weather forecast earlier on for West Midlands was forecasting snow for this weekend.  

Right more sorting in the bedroom calls.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts