Thursday Evening

Its been a strange sort of day today.  OH went back to work after the Christmas holidays and it was odd to be back on my own again.  I have had a lazy day - just rested and watched some programmes and also done some work on sorting out the things I want to do next year.  I have also started working on a time plan.

It has just been Missy and I and I have not seen anyone else all day.  I seem to enjoy the time alone just as much as when I am in company.
My eye is a lot better than it was and seems to be healing quickly.  I have put a little honey onto the cut to help it knit and also to keep it clean.  I have my fingers crossed that there will be minimal scarring. Honey is a natural antibiotic but also helps scars heal with the minimal of scarring.

We are nearly at the end of the Turkey.  OH has had a scuttle full again this evening with more stuffing, pigs in blankets etc.  I have had sausage buns and very tasty they were too.

I have some stewing steak to use up so I think maybe a pie and also a stew may well be in order.  Will have to see how I get on.

So slowly we are going back into the minutiae of everyday life.  The routine the familiar what we get lost in when nothing much is happening. The routine of regular jobs like the laundry and the ironing.  The cooking of meals etc.  

I still feel drained and at the moment certainly do not have much energy but it will restore itself  in due course.  I have a lot to do and yet still feel below par so I am being good and resting for the time being at least.  I am hopeful that this New Year will put an end to a lot of problems and bring and raise new opportunities certainly when it comes to earning a living.  I certainly need to get stuck in on the clearing again and hope to start a couple of UFOs in the next few days to keep my hands occupied and to let my mind wander whilst being productive. I think my serotonin levels are low again as I am not getting to sleep very easily  and then end up overlaying of a morning.  It happens every so often.

Right better get a wriggle on.  Have to get OHs stuff ready for the morning.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. Ouch-that’s such a tender spot to cut! Take care not to overdo things, as you may be feeling the effects of the fall more as your eye heals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Catriona, the bruising has also been coming out on the rest of my body. Have been a bit stiff the past few days but a little easier today. Have had another lazy day but must get back to the action and into the thick of it soon. Having withdrawal symptoms. Take care and thank you for caring Tricia xx

      Delete
  2. I hope the cut heals beautifully, I had not heard of the healing effects of honey on skin. I like my quiet times too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Terra, thank you. Honey is a natural antibiotic and if you have a cut that has any muck in it if you smear some honey on the inside of a plaster and then pop it over the cut it will clear out any nasties and also help the cut to heal cleanly. Many years ago ladies who had hysterectomies and were cut open were given honey bandages to keep the wound clean. As well as being an antibiotic and being made up of complex sugars honey is one of the few foods that never really goes off. The bee propolis (or grit) can also be used in clear alcohol like vodka (dissolved in it) to give the immune system a boost when you have an infection. It can be used in many ways. Quite time is important especially in this busy world of ours. Take care and hope this New Year is a very good one for you. Tricia xx

      Delete
  3. It dos not look too bad. How about some vitamin E oil to lessen the scarring?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hart, I have used the honey as it is a natural antibiotic and it seems to be working well. Might use the Vitamin E when the cut has healed. Hope you have a lovely and happy New Year. Tricia xx

      Delete
  4. That's looking better already - honey is obviously helping it heal quickly. I hope you can get around to some UFOsas finishing thing is SO rewarding! I can vouch for that over the Christmas period - two quilts, shortening a new pair of kitchen curtains etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi BB, I have found the honey helps no end especially in places where we do not necessarily want to have a scar. I am a relatively good healer or have been thus far so fingers crossed minimal scarring. I am looking forward to having a serious play and getting some of those UFOs out of the way. At the minute it may be Monday before I get to that but I am determined they are going to get completed. You have done really well with the quilts for the girls. They looked wonderful. I hope they were overjoyed with them. Take care xxx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts