Upwards and Onwards


Good morning.  At least the wind has died down from blowing a hooley.  It is that peculiar bright winter  light in the sky this morning with a little diverted sun with no warmth in it just bright in the sky.  However it is extremely icy.  OH went out with Missy for her constitutional and he said that he did not appreciate just how cold it has been and is and he had nearly lost the van a couple of times. Another day for thick jumpers and lots of layers which I am an advocate of in any event.

A slight detour from the bedroom this morning.  From the bedroom to the dining room.  I have two full size fridges located in the dining room (no room in the kitchen) and as we are off to the tip later on I intend to strip the fridges out in readiness for the Christmas shop.  Not that there is much but it still needs doing so that the dustbin is freed up. The dustbin was emptied last week and I want to keep that clear until Christmas.  Our main next collection day is a week on Wednesday!  So anything like that is best taken down to the tip now and out of the way with.  These sorts of things all have to be calibrated into my schedule in the run up to Christmas along with a trip to the butchers x 2 and both in different directions for which I am heavily reliant on OH as I cannot and am not allowed to drive in any event.  That also has to be run in conjunction with his working schedule so instead of a straightforward online movement we end up being a bit convoluted in the process.  There is also shopping to do in town.

However today is to get rid of what I can.  Potentially Saturday/Sunday next week are the last days before Christmas to go to the tip on checking their opening hours.  So it will be all hands to the pump this week.

Then once we have been to the tip it will be back into the bedroom again. So far I have cleared space in approximately half of one of the wardrobes.

We have a large piece of beef for dinner later on which we are looking forward to.  I might have some more mulled wine later as I really enjoyed my glass the other evening.

This week I also have Yogurt, Buttermilk, Feta cheese and goats cheese to make plus some other bits and bobs.  I will be making sweeties etc. on some of the evenings.  I have a new little attachment gadget that I want to use for this purpose.  More later.

Right cup of tea and then upwards and onwards.

Catch you later.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts