Pongey post

Well it has been one of those days literally and no play day as a result. For some three weeks or so my phone has been missing.  Not quite sure where it is so feeling a little out of it as a result. Just have not got a clue where it is.

Today started at 11:00am with someone waking me up hammering on the door.  I was disorientated and as at the moment we do not use the front door.  I was also naked, and not able to find my keys.  Why is it when people knock on doors that they  can expect an immediate response or is it just me.  It takes an age to try and get dressed and to get through the house  and  by the time I had found keys and put on a dressing gown all had gone calm.  So I went about my business and curled up and fell back asleep not ideal but how I have been recently.

I have not had a play day as a result not firing on all pistons.completely out of sync.  Not a good day in one sense.

Did not stop there as I was about to take some rubbish out to the dustbins  and walked slap bang into the next door neighbour and an Anglian water representative.  It would appear that the drains were blocked and that they needed access to the garden. It would also appear that there is a drainage hatch halfway down the passage that neither the next door neighbour or I knew about.  We have been here about 32 years.  That hatch is very much Covered in concrete somewhat and no doubt a major breach of planning rules! Why am  I not surprised and the Landlord is a Councillor!  They had the camera down. Apparently the joint drain between the two properties was blocked which had subsequently blocked our drain.  As the lid was under the fence (surprise surprise)  I am not shocked its what you get used to.  We need somewhere without any issues.  It worries me.  Unfortunately if you do not react in a set way you are classified as uncooperative.  We react in our own way and which is the most sensible way for us as a family but it is not always seen as such.  This thing of presuming and assumption is all out of order and furthest from the truth.

All well and good but my garden is a hideous mess at the moment.  OH does not do gardening anyway.  However, OH and I had ,made a start on tackling it on Sunday when I ended up in agony with my hands and then I had ended up having to come in.  So extremely embarrassing all round.   Sorry I apologise in advance I am telling how it is at the moment.  I really need to get going and my mojo reviving soon.  I am in a bit of a mess emotionally, financially and practically.  So completely alien to what I actually am.  Events and issues in life are making me freeze so much so I cannot dal with anything at the moment. I cannot focus -  I just can't! and I am just not able to deal  I don't know what to do or how too. Yet I know I need to do better than I am doing. It is not down to lack of effort!

 The Anglian Water Representative after clearing the drains had a cameradown the drain to make sure that there was no other problem.  Because it is a joint drain staggered between the two of us we apparently do not have to pay any extra insurance for drain clearage etc but that Anglian Water will come out and sort out any issues and problems relating to the property as it is very much a joint drain.  So now we know.  I had not noted any issues apart from the sink running slow but I use a bowl in the sink anyway so you do not always notice if there is an issue - he did have difficulty getting into the second chamber as the fence had been laid directly over the top and it was difficult to get the lids off. Part of it was wedged directly under the fence. What a shock!  Aroma wise not very nice, but the lad who attended who was smashing actually gave me information that whenever there is a problem, that both shafts need attending to not just the one.  As OH has his own rods this is very important.

As a result the garden is now in an even bigger mess.  will try and sort out a bit at the next fair day available.  It needs doing.  The patio slabs also need moving to the back of the shed.  We need to get an early start on the garden this year, although it will have to be mild before I go out.  However I do want that Potager style garden to grow a few things and hopefully get the rest of the mess sorted a bit more.

At least at the weekend we managed to get rid of so much rubbish.  There will be more again this weekend that will need taking.  Sorting out everything a bit at a time 

The bonus today was that I found £10 in a birthday card which I had forgotten about.  That was very much the silver lining to the day.

Such small and simple things mean a lot these days and I feel very humble, although not always absolutely coping as I could and should do.  Such is the human condition.  We all have our crosses to bear.  Hopefully things will get better soon for everyone.  

Catch up shortly.  

Pattypan xxx




Comments

  1. Sounds like a lot to deal with, but it's winter, wait for the spring for the garden. I hope you find a fun place to spend you ten pounds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hart, there has been a lot to deal with and still a lot more yet to do. Have to get stuck in whilst I can as I am going to have to return to work soon. Take care and thank you. Tricia xx

      Delete
  2. Oh dear Patty, what a day you've had, I'm with Hart above, wait a while, till there's more warmth, and then have a good weekend at the garden, and have a good tidy up then.

    I know you so want a pottager style garden, but Rome wasn't built in a day, aim to grow some veg this year to help financially, a pottager garden can be worked towards slowly, when you're all straight and feel up to it. A garden is always changing and evolving, you will get there slowly.

    Carry on clearing the house whilst the weather is so cold, with your health problems, being out in the cold, doesn't help you at all and when the house is all cleared, you will feel so much better in yourself and then will feel ready to have a go at that garden and you'll have somewhere comfy and tidy to retreat to afterwards then, so you can recover from the hard physical work,that gardening is.

    Patty, you sound really down today, take care of yourself and I'm sending you a big hug - I hope you feel brighter tomorrow xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Trudie, have all the boards for the potager down the garden - what was left of the fence so am going to repurpose them so will not cost us a penny. Need to get out there and sort out all the plants that did not get tidied up and get rid of broken plant pots etc. If the sun comes out this weekend may spend an hour or two. There is a lot to do. I also want to get the growing sheds stripped out and sorted so that I can then start on the seed sowing - not yet but in a little while but it needs to be tidy before I start. Thank you for caring. Have been low today as have also tackled a couple of big issues for me as well which has taken it out of me a little. But hopefully now first steps have been made things should fingers crossed go better. I think the lack of sun again this winter is also having an effect. I have low vitamin D in any event so I don't think it is helping at all. If the sun is out it usually puts a different complexion on everything. Tomorrow is another day and hopefuly will be a lot better. It has not helped that today was going to be play day!. Grhh….. Take care Hugs Tricia xx

      Delete
    2. I thought you sounded down, Patty but if you have tackled a couple of big issues, then well done, because it's really hard to do things when you don't feel 100%. Now pat yourself on the back (something we woman don't do enough off) because you've done well, on a difficult day and promise yourself another play day, set the day and the date, then you'll have something to look forward to, whilst you are working on the house and should it warm up, the garden - take care, and stop being so hard on yourself, you're doing brilliantly ☺☺ xx

      Delete
  3. Oh dear. Not a good day, but at least it sounds like the blockage problem has at least been dealt with now. I agree with hart, wait until the spring to bother out in the garden - I don't care to get frozen out there this time of year. It will wait!

    Sorry you are feeling besieged in all directions. I wonder if a chat with your GP might help? I hope you get a proper lie-in tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi BB, think its because I am used to being around people and now I am not and have sort of kept my own company a bit. It will sort. At least drains are sorted. Garden terribly untidy so will have to clear it a bit but think you are right about waiting for it to be warmer before doing anything else. "Beseiged" the perfect word. Am better than I was but on top of everything else I have dealt with two particularly difficult things today as well and got them out of the way. Still a way to go but steps in the right direction I hope. GP surgery is very good but I can never get to see the one I get on with. Do not go that often and really do not have a relationship with the newbies. I apparently have a new GP who have never met yet! Hopefully will get that lie in. Hope you are all okey dokey and tucked up in the warm. Another hopefully a better day tomorrow. Hugs xx Tricia xx

      Delete
  4. Hope you find your phone..
    Better day tomorrow. (hopefully-)
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda, so do I. No idea where it is has been missing for about three weeks or so. Really do need to find it. Fingers crossed all round it will be a better day. Been a little tough as have tackled a couple of other issues as well on top of everything else. Fingers crossed. Hugs Tricia xx

      Delete
  5. So sorry to hear of your difficult day, but you coped and tomorrow is a new day.
    I fully understand how overwhelmed you must feel. But you are making progress and doing well.
    I find taking things in bite size pieces helps.
    I look forward to reading your news and day to day goings on. Thank you for sharing.
    Take care of yourself, Spring and warmer days are on the way. Its a hard time of year for everyone. Best wishes.
    Pam.xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words Pam. Have been a bit overwhelmed as have tackled a couple of issues that were hard for me to deal with as well. I am very lucky in the greater scheme of things compared to many and for that I am grateful. Sometimes I cope far better than others. I try to take things in bite sized pieces just some situations will not allow for that but have to deal with things as they come. One of the other reasons for me writing as I do is that sometimes there are better approaches than mine and ways to do things. Sharing opens up a discussion and then a learning forum. I enjoy reading the comments too - makes my little efforts seem worthwhile in the end. I think a lot of the problem is due to the fact that we have seen very little sun this winter- everything has been so grey and with my lack of vitamin d in any event I think it has impacted somewhat. But hey ho tis only the depth that varies. You take care of yourself too and I hope life is being very good to you at present. Take care Hugs Tricia xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts