Back to the grind today


Boy it is bitter out there this morning looks warm as the sun is out and it is a blue sky, but looks can be deceiving it is really nippy but then it should be for this time of the year.  We are not far off spring, but in this country we are used to very unpredictable weather.  One thing I have noticed though is that we are not getting rain as regularly as we used to which is kind of worrying on the "reserves" front as normally the winter months fill up the local reservoirs etc.  After last year's really warm summer, when water became low I just hope that supplies are healthy although my water butt is full.

After getting OH all sorted out before he went to work, pills taken, breakfast eaten - I am just about to make a pot of tea before commencing battle royal. I thought that I had not put a post up - and I don't want to get out of the habit of blogging, especially with what I need to achieve.  I need to get a lot of work done this week and weekend coming so it is going to be non-stop.  And of course I have a couple of trips out with my friends.

Unusually yesterday we did not have a roast opting for brunch instead which was nice and leisurely with a full English breakfast. In reality we were both stuffed to the gunnels after we had eaten this and although a little peckish later on that was soon solved with a yogurt each and some malt loaf.

Housework is on the agenda for the best part of the day.  I have loads to do.  I am aiming to start sorting the dining room the bone of contention room (the through room which always ends up as the dumping room, which needs a good scrub out.   I would also like to get the fireside cupboards sorted out a bit, painted out and tidied up as I think it could be better used with storing items that I do not use quite so often but which I still use, i.e. my vases, and also the everyday crockery and other bits and bobs that can sometimes look very messy on the dressers and which would be better tidied away. So here we go nonny-no.  Dead boring but needs doing.  Will have the radio on so that I can listen to something whilst I work.  I find it very soothing and can concentrate on the job or jobs in hand if I am taken out of myself a little whilst dealing with monotonous jobs.

Right tea is calling and I really must get on.  

Catch you all a little bit later and hope you have a lovely day.

Pattypan

x




Comments

  1. We’re both on a clearing type mission today but mine is money related. We opened a new bank account recently and for some reason my little clever gadget you need to access it is not working. So we are off to the bank this morning, probably to make an appointment for about a week’s time away, as the inability to access the account is driving me mad! Meant to say about your shirt quilt, spray starch works wonders on preloved fabric to make it easier to cut and then piece. One of my shirty ones popped up on my FB feed this morning which reminded me about the starch. Happy housework day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Catriona, "housework" - yuk a necessary evil. I am having similar problems with my bank account. The other week I received a message on my mobile purportedly from my bank. Whenever I get anything like this I am a little suspicious and so I contacted the bank which resulted in my password and a new card being issued. To date have received my card but did not receive new password - it eventually came and was in the wrong name - OHs name when it was me that needed the card and the number tore off in any event. So I have requested it yet again. However whenever I get anything dodgy I always check where the email has come from and if I don't like the look I check it out independently and never through their links. The trouble is they look legitimate. If you get a feeling that something is not right - do not respond to it and check out with the provider independently.

      Thank you for the tip regarding the starch I shall bear that in mind - it will give the fabric more substance I can see. Sorry that you have problems and I agree that it is frustrating. Hope it gets sorted soon. Take care. Tricia x

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts