MEMORIES

Today has been a lovely day the best part of it spent with a very good friend.  Trouble is when we get together we end up talking the hind leg off a donkey and we end up having a couple of refreshment stops as a result.  Just wandering enjoying each other's company.  All very relaxed, no pressure from either one of us and just simply enjoying being with each other.  What I call a wart's n all friendship.  Those kind of relationships are very special indeed.  

We just wander about window shopping, putting the world to rights and not necessarily buying anything at all.  A very good friend indeed.  The day ends up going far too quickly  and then it is time to go home again.  However it has been a really good day.  

The weather has been relatively mild, the sun has been out the first day of spring and a full moon this evening with a clear sky.  

Before it got dark we walked Missy in relative lightness and whilst walking her I came across a small patch of lovely wild purple violets.  Such a simple pleasure and a snap back to the past.  My father taught us about wild plants from being nippers and it reminded me of days when we would walk and find loads of beautiful wild violets.  Although I always associate the month of April with violets - I know it can be variable.  It was such a simple pleasure but a very gratifying one it so lifted the spirits - not that I was down just a very natural beautiful sight.

Going back to memories, last night I was on You Tube and inadvertently came across some music clips by the New Seekers and Judith Durham.  Now that really took me back to my childhood to Uppingham C of E Junior school, the Headmaster was Mr Hall and my class teacher was a Mr Ainge.  I would be about six years of age.  I remember a trainee teacher coming to the school she was lovely and both her and Mr Ainge to make life more interesting to us taught us the words to  a couple of songs namely Morning town ride and a world of our own and I will never find another You.







It was a happy time for me and before we moved to Peterborough.  I had expected to stay in Uppingham and finish my education there before moving on to the secondary school.  In reality that was not to be for me.

Peterborough was a shock to my system and happened a year later. It was a shock going from a tiny town school to a big city school.  Funny have not thought about that time in ages, I think it must be to do with all the clearing out I have been doing in the past week or so. Happy memories none-the-less for the best part.

It's funny how things or a piece of music can trigger intense memories from some 54 years ago.

Right had better get a wriggle on still loads to do.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

xx

Comments

Popular Posts