Antiques, Good Food and Company and Blackberries

What a lovely day I have had today.  Very good company with my friend L and delightfully wandering around Stamford and looking through a few of the shops.  We went to part of Stamford known as St Martin's Antique Centre and there were lots of fantastic goodies in there.  If only the space and the money to buy.  Not that they were excessively expensive.  There were quite a few vintage cookware tins, unusual ones, lots of lovely storage containers, glassware, silverware all sorts of unusual goodies.  My friend treated herself to some Georgian hand blown glasses which as she put it will be ideal for a glass of Lemoncello with the ability to add some ice in.  So not large but a generous size. There were lots of lovely pots a Game Pie decorated pot, a Hare Pie Pot (some of these were French), Oyster dishes, beautiful storage containers, Majolica serving dishes.  A stone whisky barrel, a copper boiler, a couple of stoneware barrels ideal for storing vinegar in. After having a good couple of hours wandering around and getting our fill of beautiful items we then went on to get some lunch at Paten & Co Restaurant where we normally go.  This time round we had steak ciabatta with freshly prepared onion rings and Rosemary salted chips.  Absolutely delicious.  Be warned the portions are generous here.  I bought part of mine back in a "doggy bag" for OH to have.  He was quite taken too.

The size of the plate and me in the background!



We then wandered where we do not normally venture another charity shop which is not normally on our journey around Stamford and I found a vintage Ewer and basin with lovely floral decoration in immaculate condition for £10.  That has come home with me and is going in my bedroom.  A treat from my friend.  It has made it home in one piece.

After Stamford we ventured back to my friend's home where we had a cup of tea, and put the world to rights as we usually do.  I ended up with another pressie some blackberries from her garden and they are intended to be used in some home made blackberry and apple jelly.  Another lovely item for the pantry shelf.

So it has been a wonderful day.  I feel very blessed for the same and good company and food.

Right must potter.

Catch you all soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts