Crochet, kitchen and Dried Apples

I started off this morning with a little crochet.  I have one square to make yet but only have a little grey wool left not enough to do the square and so I opted to crochet four of the panels together and neaten them up.  Four squares are now joined in this fashion and have to have their ends sorted and also blocked up a little but that is the first strip joined.  There will be 24 squares all told and then there will be a border around the blanket i.e. 6 rows of 4 = 24.  I will get more wool during the week.  I will need some anyway.

Since then I have been in the kitchen again. Cleaning in the marigolds.  Am likely to be there most of the evening as well getting stuck in.

I also managed to pick up some reduced apples this morning from the veg shop.  Two bowls full for £2 so they are going to be dried initially for use in porridge, home made muesli and cakes.  I will prep them after tea once I have cleared a little more in the kitchen and pop them into the small dehydrator.  Not done these before and so am following a tutorial from someone else.  https://www.thespruceeats.com/how-to-make-dehydrated-apples-1327578?utm_source=pinterest&utm_medium=social&utm_
campaign=shareurlbuttons_nip

Lets hope they turn out well.  I primarily want them for my porridge on the winter mornings just for something a little bit different.  They will also go well into a winter dried fruit compote which is something I have every so often.

I have also managed to find my reduced bread I bought four loaves 2 x 25p and 2 x 45p.  They are intended for the dehydrator as well.  I also might make some bread pudding.  It is a while since we had any and it is a favourite nibble.  The bread is going in the dehydrator first.  I will pop up a separate post about that.

This evening I did not want much to eat and have opted for a simple cheese and onion omelette.  It went down very nicely.

Now to potter in the kitchen.  Much to do and very little time to do it as usual.

Catch you all soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts