Friday Round up

Today has been busy.  I had a couple of appointments the first being my last appointment with the Job Centre who were all very pleased that I had managed to find myself a job.  I have got on very well with all the staff I have dealt with.  Even though I have not been receiving any benefits I still had to go and sign on every fortnight.  

The second appointment was meeting up with friends for lunch.  It was really good to see them although the time soon goes really quickly.  Hopefully will be able to meet up with them again shortly.

I nipped into B & M.  They have a lot of Christmas stuff out but seemed to have similar prices on the tinned stuff that I reported before plus lots of other offers.  They have Quality Street sweets for £3.99 and there are lots of offers on boxes/tubs of biscuits, and sweets.  Tins, containers as well as cream crackers.  Worth looking there first when trying to stock your Christmas pantry.  Also offers on wine, beers and ciders.  So well worth a shifty.  Also worth having a look at their baking section.  Our store also has a freezer section.  Have not looked at that yet.

Remember, in my book  it is never too early to start squirrelling away bits and bobs for the Pantry/Christmas Pantry.  As long as you have a long stop date on the items you are buying that is all that matters.  Be careful though.  I have been into M & S and looking at their honey roasted cashews which are a great favourite here.  They are currently £6 a tub.  Their long stop date was 13 December 2019.  There were not many tins on the shelf and I suspect that they will be having further deliveries in soon and I also suspect that they will go up in price a little as well.  So I shall buy those when there is a better long stop date on them.

I did have a good nosey in their freezer section and shall be topping up on some of those items particularly prawns, scallops and fruit etc. when I restock the freezers. Seemed very reasonable on the veggies also. Just a little while to wait now but still a lot of things I can do and make beforehand time permitting.

Right am off to potter.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts