Sunday last call

We have had a lovely tea of Roast pork, roast potatoes, shredded buttered steam cabbage, petit pois, carrots, broccoli and cauliflower with chunks of crackling and lots of tasty gravy. It was very tasty. I also added a block of lard to the roasting pan and now have "Pork dripping" for using on roast potatoes during the week or on some bread and butter.  We both love pork dripping.

This was followed down by some Strawberries and cream and it has all gone down very nicely.

I am waiting on some clothes drying at the moment in readiness for tomorrow so I am using the time to write a couple of posts for my blog.  I am trying to start doing little bits of things here and there.

I have a Honey sign with Teddy Bear relief on it which in effect is a sign for selling honey. It will come in useful when the day arrives that I will be able to keep my own bees.  I have had it a few years and picked it up from a car boot sale.  I have started to titivate it this afternoon and tidy it up a bit and put some new hook plates in the back.  Once the kitchen is done out then I will add it to one of the walls.  I also have some verse pictures also destined for the kitchen with borders of gingham around them.  It will be a few more things out of boxes and on the walls.  I am going to try and do a couple of things a week and either get things re-boxed or on the walls.  Will see how things go.

It is going to be an early start for me tomorrow in any event.  I am going to have a very busy day and have a meeting tomorrow evening for a couple of hours.

I hope this week to come is going to be a good one for everybody.

Take care.

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. Sounds like your kitchen will be lovely when you have those piece up and on show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope so it is such a small kitchen but I need some of the bigger pictures up on the walls out of the way. These ones were bought for the kitchen just not this one! However if it creates some space I am all for that. Hope you are feeling a lot better now. Take care Tricia xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts