Lemon Curd Syllabub



One of the perks for me of being at home at the moment is that every so often I am getting to see programmes which I have not seen before.  During the week I came across a programme with a very young James Martin, cooking his take on a traditional pudding.  Lemon Curd Syllabub.

See the link below.


Lemon Curd Syllabub


As I had a jar of Lemon Curd in the pantry (albeit with a little Gin added) I decided to gather the relevant ingredients together and have a go at making this myself.  

As I often do, if I see something a little different before I make it myself I often buy a jar and then either add it to my list to make, or try and work out what is in said item.  Rarely I get something that I do not like in which case I do not repeat the experience.

I make Lemon curd regularly but had not tried it with the Gin.  I must say I love it and my next batch of lemon curd is definitely going to have some Gin added to it.  It is also lovely to have something else to use the Lemon Curd for on the recipe front as well and it would be a good pudding to make if unexpected guests arrive.  

So this one is very much being added to my recipe book.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x


Comments

  1. I think I've seen that programme in the past. I went out and bought a jar of lemon curd. Yesterday I threw it away. Lemon curd which gets lost at the back of the pantry for 4 years goes Very Peculiar!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Angela, what a shame. Lemon Curd is a short keeper anyway in the world of preserves, although I have in the past made some and heat processed it like the Americans do and it has lasted for about a year. I bought a jar of Lemon and Gin curd at Christmas as I had not tried this version but was very pleased with it. I like to preserve things that I have a use for or which can use up in a specific recipes so that I get the most out of it. If that means me making it two or three times a year I do not mind, but a recipe like this is a good standby especially for unexpected visitors. Take care Tricia xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts