Happy Valentines Day

To everyone and I hope you all have a bit of magic in your day.  I am apparently being treated to a meal out a little later which I am looking forward to.

Mine thus far has been spent in the back room trying to sort out some more boxes and some more rubbish.  It is slow going but I am finding lovely things as usual. Lots of beautiful embroidery kits, Christmas kits, embroidered pillow case slips, tablecloths. Stuff that is going to get done as it is perfectly in tune with what I am and what I am about.  Some of it is new some of it is new to me.  I can see a lot of embroidery going on in the summer light if I am still at home.  

In particular there is one kit which unusually in the four corners has British wildflowers and wildlife representing the four seasons and then a verse in the middle entitled :

"Thanksgiving".

"Thanks for tranquility's
Farewell to sorrow
Find lending me grace
for today - 
and tomorrow".

It has the primroses, blackbird and her nest with eggs, butterflies, bluebells, wild violets, a mouse the skylark, wild dog roses, daisies, mushrooms the robin and cornflower and teasel heads.  It truly represents the seasons in this country.




I am very much looking forward to starting this piece in particular as it will go very nicely also with another woolwork piece I have.

It will also go extremely nicely with all my Country of a Diary of an Edwardian Lady fabrics, pictures, cross stitch pieces and crockery.

As I have said I am very much a child of the countryside and going back to the cottage the other day with my dear friend has really emphasised this.  Still incredibly unspoilt countryside.

The sun has been out but the wind is blowy again.  Not as chilly as yesterday but not the warmest.

I am getting very frustrated as I still cannot find my phone with all my numbers and contacts in but more than that I use the camera on my phone for taking and posting pictures for the blog.  I think if I do not find it soon that I am going to have to invest in a separate little camera.

Right back to the challenge.  Here we go into more boxes, but at least stuff is getting sorted.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

xx

Comments

Popular Posts