Tuesday Potterings

It was really cold last night, the coldest it has been for a while, so much so I put another quilt on the bed. Plenty of covers for me means that if eventually I warm up and get too warm then at least I can just remove a cover.  Better than being too cold and not able to get warm.

I have been up the earliest I have been in a long while.  I have been doing some more research on some recipes I want to try out.  Just simple things I want to try.  If I am happy with them then I shall pop them into my own recipe book, together with some of my other family recipes.  That is the plan anyway.  I also tend to forget where things are these days or in which book or on which bit of scribbled recipe from my folder so I thought I would centralise everything. I am hopeful that a lot of the family recipes will be passed on to my nephews if they want them or to my step-children.  Good eating is key to my way of keeping us fed, well and warm.  It is often the simplest of recipes that evokes a strong memory with people too.  I shall also post them here if you would like me too.

The sun is now out here which is lovely to see however the wind has got up again.  It keeps dropping and then having a flurry and then dropping again.

I need to go to the veg shop as I need a tray of eggs however it may be later in the day when I venture out as I do not want a tray of scrambled eggs in the street.  Now that would be a disaster and a waste of money.

I also have some Gruyere cheese in the fridge that needs using up.  I love this with home made French Onion Soup.  It is very tasty, filling and warming.  We top bowls of the hot soup off with some toasted French bread with piles of the Gruyere cheese on top and then melted under the grill.  The cheese goes all dribbly and gooey and is a household favourite.  We shall have a bowl full of that tonight each followed by Spaghetti Bolognese and then if still hungry some tinned fruit and cream.  Simple fare but as I have said it is all about good eating at the end of the day.

Right am off to make a pot of tea and then I shall do some sorting out in the back bedroom.  I need my patchwork stuff out for later on in the week and I am not quite sure where it is!  I shall lose my head one of these days.

Enjoy the rest of your day.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

xx

Comments

Popular Posts