Sorting out the Kitchen Sink and cleaning with vinegar/personal toillette

One of my bug bears is an untidy kitchen sink.  Unfortunately I only have a tiny kitchen sink in this house overlooking a tiny window.  Up to now I have had far too much stuff that needs to be in the kitchen windowsill  and as a result has tipped out onto the sink itself.  Not a good result look or very practical.


So an idea started to form quite soon after I had made my batch of orange cleaning vinegar.  I had found a drinks dispenser container which I had purchased from Asda last year.  I am hoping that I will be able to find something similar for also making Lemon vinegar, Rosemary Vinegar, Thyme Vinegar, Spruce Vinegar as well as Four Thieves Vinegar.  Some of these can be used for food as well as there are no other additives in them, but initially I just want these for cleaning.  

As I use the cleaning vinegar quite regularly in the kitchen I wanted easy access to it and that for me is for it to sit on the windowsill.  I also have a white porcelain crock for cooked food waste to go into with a filter in it.  That needs to go on the windowsill as well.  It can then be decanted into the recycling bucket outside one for compost waste and the other goes to feed the local electricity plant.  All very green and environmentally friendly so I may as well use this to my best advantage.

Whilst sorting out the stuff outside of the house last week I came across two porcelain containers which I had forgotten about.  They are both white with an embossed design on them.  They will be ideal for storing my washing brushes, bottle brushes, fine cleaning brushes, dishwashing brush and
old tooth brushes for cleaning those fiddly bits.  The other one is destined to keep my dishcloths and scouring pads in. I use cotton dishcloths which can be re-used and which get boiled up regularly to sterilise them.  I have a special pan for doing this. Both are quite large containers and so have plenty of scope.  There is room for a small plant and that is it. I might also be able to have a hanging plant in the window. However, at least it is going to tidy the windowsill up, be practical and clean in the process.   Hopefully I will be getting a new kitchen unit, sink and taps soon. I am after a set of mixer taps which are more practical for a kitchen and filling buckets. The window will have to be retiled then as well.  Just plain white tiles to tidy things up.

I only have a very tiny galley kitchen, but I do try and make the best of it despite there not being enough room to keep everything in there.  Oh for a bigger kitchen and a bigger kitchen windowsill.  One day.

I am also considering making up a batch of vinegars to use all year round for personal bathing/toilette.  I am thinking primarily of Rosemary, Lavender and Thyme vinegars for this.  The Rosemary vinegar I know is a good one to use in rinsing your hair properly, but more on that later on.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. Sloshed home-made cider vinegar all over my oven bottom this afternoon, went for a walk and when I came home, gave it a thorough wipe-down and it's cut through all the grease. Job done!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts