A Hair-Raising Experience

For me - not OH. Or perhaps this should be entitled "Haircut 100! It was certainly a hair-raising experience and I was very nervous throughout..

Since lockdown, OH has not been able to have his hair cut, and his hair had got extremely long, wavy and silver grey (he is often referred to as the "Silverback"!  So in an effort to resolve matters, we went trawling through the Internet for trimmers and finding that most people were out of stock.  In the end, we ordered some clippers through Ebay, which are supposed to arrive by 14 May 2019.  So far they have not arrived and I am not sure they are going to either as we have received a message from Ebay saying that they have had to remove the seller from their site.  They noted that we had paid for the item but suggested that if we did not receive by designated date to put in a claim with them to recover the money which is what we will do if they do not arrive, but will give until the designated date which is still pending.

In the interim, my step-son sent round his clippers for his Dad to use and then said he could have them - brand new and had not been used so a real bonus. This is where the fun and games came in as OH could not manage them himself and I was asked to do the deed!  I am not good with hair and scissors. Indeed one of my darling dolls that I had as a child suffered at my hands and her gold curls were massacred and she was given a crew cut with the Tufty bits. I was always regretful about this and still have her.  Material and scissors different matter, but wavy curly hair that slips through your fingers.  So I did what he asked me to do, and the first result got rid of some of the length, but there were tufts here and there which the clippers would not deal with whatever angle I came in on and so I jokingly said to him that he was now a fully paid up member of the Tufty club!  He was not amused.  Went down to a finer cut, still was not dealing with the tufts and OH insisted on concentrating on one particular spot which I told him he should not be fiddling with as he was a bit thinner here.  So he is all tidied up for now we have not gone short as he will pay a visit to the hairdresser when he is back in action which is right over the road.  I was concerned of going too short as I would never hear the end of it if I did and made a mess despite him wanting me to deal with things.  Took me out of my comfort zone somewhat I don't think I will be repeating the experience by choice.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. I've cut Keith's hair for years. We bought some clippers from Lidl I think. I've got quite good at it down the years! He cuts the back of mine too, after I've done the sides. Just think what we've saved in hairdressing costs down the years!

    You need to put in a claim as your item wasn't received by you. Then you will get a refund. In future, check out the feedback on the person or company you are buying from. You are looking for as close to 100% positive feedback as possible, and if you click on the seller's name, that shows the actual feedback and comments. (Click on "see all feedback". That way you know who to avoid, and this seller was obviously one of those, unfortunately.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts