Crafting whilst on holiday

 We went off in a bit of a hurry but I did better with the things I took to do this time around.  I had popped some hexies into a bag and this time round I was able to sit and start hand-sewing some of these together.  Technically I started this two years ago, but so far I have 12 central panels sewn together.  I am pleased with how they have turned out but I still have a long way to go.  I found that I could not concentrate when the littlies were around so did this when they were out and about.  I intend to use a lot of cream fabric to surround these panels as at the moment I would like these little panels to stand out and "pop" a bit.

Here are the little panels I worked whilst away.  It was good to have something in my hands to handwork again and once I got into the rythm of hand sewing the little panels soon grew.  No I need to try and sort out some more cutting before we go away as this would be ideal for me to take.




 

I also started a crewel work kit that I have had for sometime.  It has a few stitches that I do not really know long and short stitch being one of them.  I am therefore having a go and for a first attempt things are not working out too badly.  Long way to go but I am going to have to keep doing a little between the two projects. I do need to source some more Appletons crewel wool though probably will look tomorrow online to source this.  I do not want to come to a stop due to lack of thread.  I have another kit that I have started which uses the Appletons wool so will see if I can put my hands on that and order the wool for that at the same time. I want to get pieces completed or at least on the way to being worked.




I am pleased with how things are progressing and that I am slowly starting to get to do a little bit of much needed crafting.  It really helps me calm down and regain a little bit of focus which of late has been sadly lacking.  I have very much felt like a pebble on the tideline being shoved one way and then another.  Such is life!  Hopefully once the house has been done out a bit more I will get time to craft at home as well which will be excellent.

We are going off on our travels again in September and are staying in the Exmoor Forest.  I want to have a good look around Glastonbury and if possible to visit the Chalice Well at the Abbey. It is an area I have only visited once before and it was just a quick rush around the town on our way back from Cornwall one year.  Equally, OH likes Devon so where we are staying gives us the option of going in either direction.  The cats will go into a cattery this time whilst we are away.  There is one near where we store the caravan which we are going to check out.  If this is what I am after for them they will then be going to see the vet.  Shush don't tell them.

Right I had better get a move on.

Catch you soon.


Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. Hand stitching (well, most crafts really) are so relaxing. I hope you are able to get that lovely hexi quilt finished and on the bed a.s.a.p. Plenty of time to work on it when down on Exmoor next month. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi BB, as a child I hated handstitching apart from when it came to embroidery. Now I find it quite satisfying. I am going to do my best to get this all the way to the finish as it has been one of my to do projects forever. I have so enjoyed doing this. Despite being at home I do not get much time to myself as quite often when most other people are sat down I am doing other stuff. OH also usually wants things done as soon as I settle to do something which throws everything up to the wind! I have also found that I need the peace and quiet to really concentrate something I cannot do when OH is there. I will get there. I have found the caravan to be a good place to achieve the peace and focus as he often goes off fishing so is not as much of a distraction. Hope you are keeping well and still working hard on your patchwork projects. Take care Tricia x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts