Yesterday (Wednesday)

.....was a long and busy day.  Unfortunately on Tuesday night I did not sleep as OH was snoring, as was the dog and every time I moved which seemed to disturb her she would growl at you in her sleep(she sleeps by our feet)  so it was a very long night.  She is normally the sweetest nature except if you disturb her when she has been deep in sleep. They were still at it at 7am this morning so I gave up the ghost and got up.

I was hungry when I got up and so I nipped to get some Croissants from the shop.  Recently they have had in their freezer department what are called mini croissants at £2.50 for six, so I nabbed a bag of them brought them home and cooked them and then had with some butter and some Raspberry jam.  They were lush.  They also made up to the same size Croissants that you can buy in store.  They charge you 80 pence each for the cooked Croissants.  I have a couple left for Thursday morning.  OH had a couple too.

I then decided that I was going into town.  I did not really want to go but knew that I still did not have everything to hand.  So off I walked into town again.  It is about a mile walk and then there is all the walking round town as well.  So quite a few steps done again today.  This time I went to a couple of small charity shops but nothing took my fancy.  I then went on to TK Maxx.  They were nearly out of everything again especially on the Christmas stuff.  From there I went into B & Q for a quick look around.  I will go back again.  Then to the Works.  Nothing there very disappointed not a very good choice of books this time round and nothing that took  my fancy on the craft front.  I then went back into the Centre and walked back to Waitrose where I nipped in and bought some of the things I was going to go back for yesterday.  I could not find any pureed chestnuts though.  They are required for a particular pudding that I do at Christmas which is particularly tasty and which uses melted chocolate, pureed chestnuts and plenty of double cream.  So will have to look elsewhere.  When I came back I flopped and fell asleep and was out for the count for a couple of hours.

I did not manage to get to The Range - may have to do a little internet shopping if I can.  Don't think they will be open although it is not clear from the website.

Since then I have been pottering about trying to sort some more things out.  On the Drinks trolley front, I have found another tea trolley in the back bedroom. This one is a teak one with glass shelves.  Will have to see if I can wrinkle that out. I have also found the Champagne Bucket, the instruments of torture that are required for making cocktails and the small vintage crystal ice bucket which I think is silver rimmed.  I have yet to locate the Cocktail shaker and the Decanters as well as the glasses.  I also need to locate one of the punch bowls (I have two) with 12 cups per set).

I have also fathomed out how to get into the battery container for some of the battery lights I bought yesterday from the £ shop.  I have tried a set of the red berries.  They are ideal and  are going to fit in well with the idea I have for doing a table-scape for Christmas Day using the "magic mushrooms" proper name Fly Agaric.  I also bought two snowflake sets as well and have also sorted those.  They also look very pretty.  I bought a load of batteries on Tuesday so as I am coming across things I am inserting batteries as I go along. Thought it would be better doing it this way.  If I need to buy some more then I can do so.

I must say that I am extremely pleased with the lights they can also be used to highlight garlands as well as wreaths.

I have found two of my hanging Christmas trees decorations as well.

I also have my eye on two heaters which I think would be very useful in the house.  Need to speak to OH about this though. Do not think he will go a bundle on them though but worth a try. They are mock wood stoves.  As both fire places had a gas fire in that were condemned and then disconnected by the Landlord some 15 years ago and they never did anything with them, ie take the fires away,  I would like to tidy them up a bit.  Not sure OH will go for this though.  It would tidy both rooms up i.e. dining room and front room and also give us an extra heating source.  I have also seen a nice rug for the front room.  I think I may be pushing my luck a bit.

Tomorrow, as we are now in lockdown I will be having another go at doing some more sorting.  I also have to strip the loo out and give it a thorough clean including walls and woodwork.  Starting the pre-Christmas clean with a vengeance.  It will therefore be another early start with lots to do.  I am aiming to take advantage of this time to try and really get stuck in on those jobs that need doing.

At some point though I do need to go back to B & M.

Right am off to get some shuteye hopefully.  The two holy terrors are already flat out fast asleep.  I do hope I get some sleep otherwise I am likely to be grumpy.

Take care and keep safe wherever you may be.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts