Christmas Getting Things Done

 It has been another busy day here again in Peterborough.  

We went and collected the Turkeys and Rib of Beef and Gammon, sausage meat, bacon, chipolatas and I picked up some other bits and bobs as well.  Meat was expensive but it looks really top quality.  We treated both the son and daughter to their meal of choice for Christmas Day. We also have a beautiful rib of beef and a very small gammon which I am going to do in Marmalade and ginger.

We then went to M & S.  M & S had the store well and truly sorted out with a funnel system with lots of Christmas stuff flanking the funnelled walkway.  Was only allowed into the food store bit, but quite a lot of choice but some of the prices far too high for what they were.  In the end I have kept things simple, buying ingredients that I know I will use and choosing to make the stuff myself.  There is only so much I can get into one fridge and this Christmas is different to others we have experienced.  Shops will be open again in a couple of days so no need to go totally barmy.  On the meat and cheese front we are more than catered for. 

I then went on to Waitrose and yet again stocked up on basic stuff that I use all the time. I just have the veggies to sort out tomorrow and a quick dash to the Co-Op for some other bits and that will be it for this Christmas.

I will make a trifle myself and then I might make Profiteroles for OH as a treat.  They are easy enough to make.  I have sausage rolls, shortbread, some Butterfly cakes/Fairy cakes and the Terry's Chocolate Orange cake to make plus one or two other bits and bobs like Coconut Cheesecakes, jam tarts and Chocolate Coconut.  Will see how I get on.

Right, must get on have another busy day ahead of me tomorrow.


Keep safe, take care and catch you soon.


Pattypan

x


Comments

Popular Posts