Mum's Home-made Baileys Liqueur

Baileys was mum's little treat to herself every so often until she was given this recipe. I believe that this is a recipe that came out within a couple of years of Baileys being launched on the market, so I think it has some age to it. I am not sure where it came from.  I suspect it came from one of the WI ladies as m y mum was a WI Lady as I was both of us for the branch in Deeping St Nicholas.  It is handwritten on a scrap of paper which I found in her cooking folder.  I post this up in case any of you want to try it before I do.  If you do dabble let me know what you think of it.


Ingredients:

6 Eggs

One Large Tin of Condensed Milk 

One Large Tin Evaporated Milk (More commonly these days you do not see the larger tins, but it is the larger tin that you need for this recipe)

One Level Dessertspoon dark grated chocolate

One teaspoon of vanilla essence (mine is home made) and a bit pokey. (I used dark Rum as a base and I just top it up every so often).

1/4 pint of Whisky


Method

Basically tip everything into a bowl and whisk by hand until all combined, thick and fluffy.  Alternatively pop into a blender and whizz everything together. Keep in the fridge.

Serve chilled.

I have everything to hand apart from the large tin of Evaporated milk shall go on the hunt over the weekend for that.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts