Saturday morning

 We were up bright and early. Weather wet n cold as we headed out for deepest darkest Ramsey via the bakery at Old Fletton.  Topped up with a bacon buttie each a cake breadbuns and a couple of Bakewell tarts we then ate our breakfast on the way.  It was delicious 

As we travelled over the fen the weather was grey and hazy no rain and I thought that the day might brighten up a bit. On the way out we have a walk stop for Missy as well near the river. 

On arriving in Ramsey which had Santa Claus in residence complete with sleigh (which was all very festive) we headed to the fish man and stocked up.  We bought some Crayfish, some Cockles, Brown Shrimp, some Crevettes and a Plaice each for tea this evening. No Crab this week. We also bought a tray of eggs from the egg man on the stall next door.

We came back bia the Harvest Barn shop.  I have my weekly Meringue fix Raspberry and white chocolate.  We also bought a small pork joint for dinner tomorrow.  OH has treated me to a Bee face mask as well.

By the time we left Harvest Barn the weather had closed in was very grey and overcast then it started raining which it looks very much like it will do for the rest of the day. 

Since being home we have had a hot drink and something to eat. I have received confirmation that delivery of the new tumble dryer will be around 18 December. I now have to get what I washed yesterday dry. There is still more washing to do though. So once this lit is dry will start the next batch.  Will probably have a load of ironing to do later on. I tend to prioritise jobs that can only be done within social hours first as I can quietly iron later on without disturbing anyone.

Have just got another load of washing on coathangers and on the line.

Right upwRds and onwards.  Catch you later on.

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. Do you have a separate spin cycle on your washer? I sometimes to that with stuff I am drying in the house. I do not own a dryer, never have, and live in cold and snowy part of Canada. I have found hanging shirts on hangers also helps them dry quickly. This advice may be useless to you but one never knows. Hope the dryer arrives soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Marjorie, apologies for not getting back sooner. I use the 1600 spin speed on the washer in any event as it takes less to get the stuff dry in the dryer. I have strung a line or two in the dining room not big, but am getting by. I try not to hang damp stuff around the house because of my arthritis, but needs must and all that. Thank you for trying to help it is appreciated. Kind regards and I hope you and your family are safe and have a lovely Christmas. Tricia

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts