Sorry for the quietness

 .....today, but the truth is that I had a very bad night last night suffering repeated cramp attacks which had me screaming in pain.  It is the worst I have had, my left thigh locked and I was unable to straighten my leg out.  As soon as I tried to put my leg and foot down I was in agony. I was literally in a hopping position. I just could not put my foot down at all to start with. So I was upright for a good couple of hours last night trying to calm things down which it eventually did and I was able to get back to bed and nod off eventually.   Trouble is that kind of thing takes it out of you.  I suspect the attack has something to do with my back, which has been aching a bit, but nothing out of the ordinary so perhaps I ought to take things steady for a day or two until things calm down.  I just hope I get a decent night's sleep tonight.

As a result I have had a quiet day.  I have had the washing machine on and have also tried to get stuff dry.  However, the tumble dryer has had different ideas and packed up for good and so we have had to order another new electrical appliance.  Hopefully it will be with me soon - delivery is promised within seven days. Not from AO this time as they did not have any in stock. The washer and the tumble dryer are my workhorses and I am lost without them.   I have had the current tumble dryer for about 8 years so it does not owe us anything.  However it is always when I am really busy that appliances tend to let us down.  It has been an expensive time. So I now need to fathom out a way of getting the clothes I have already washed dried.  I think I will be stringing washing lines in the dining room again and also popping things on coat hangers in doorways.

The only piece of equipment I need to replace now is the big chest freezer.  Will place an order for that shortly.

OH yesterday bought Missy a new toy.  Please meet the toy which has been given the name of "Terry the Turkey".  She thinks it is wonderful and is dragging it around with her everywhere.  It squawks of course.













I am hoping to get a batch of plain yogurt made tomorrow and also a flavoured one.  I love yogurt as part of my breakfast routine and I am keen to get back into the swing of making this. It is cheaper to make your own especially if you have children in the house and is much healthier for you as well. You can never make too much yogurt as it is suitable for breakfasts and puddings, or serving with fruit, serving with curries (to cool things down a bit) but you can also use in cakes and freeze with fruit to make your own ice cream slice or own ice cream for scoop serving. So there is never any excuse to waste it as if you think laterally you can always find a use for this. 

We are off to the fish man in the morning so it will be an early start.  I just fancy a nice piece of fried plaice for my tea tomorrow night.  Something that is very tasty but light at the same time.  I am also hoping to get a tray of eggs. The egg man is on a stall next to him as a rule of a Saturday morning. I would also quite like to look into the Harvest Barn shop to see what they have to offer as well.  Whether I get an opportunity to do this or not is another matter.

Tomorrow is another day as they say.

Keep safe, everyone.

Take care

Pattypan

x


Comments

  1. Missy's markings on her face and head are ever so cute. What a terrible night of cramps you had, will you find a prevention for that? I have in the past had some foot cramps in the middle of the night that got my heart racing. Be well my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Terra, Missy is indeed a cutie she is such a good natured dog and has her humans well trained. Big softie really. Have been getting cramp predominantly in my thighs which have locked early hours of the morning and then don't know where to put myself. Could not put my food on the floor. If it carries on for too much longer will have to go and see the Doctor. However am trying to avoid that for the time being. Thank you for your good wishes. Please keep safe and I hope that you have a peaceful Christmas x Tricia

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts